Sunday, September 3, 2023

Halloween/Autumn Card Day 2 and 3 | Technique Junkies | Tawny Owl Sketch 14


Hello everyone and welcome to Days 2 and 3 of my 31 Days [hopefully] of Halloween/Autumn Cards 2023.  My card for Day 2 is below but my step-by-step for the card is on the Technique Junkies Blog.  It's a really fun card using the Spidery Halloween and Halloween Scene Set - and, of course, lots of googly eyes.   I hope you will stop over there to check it out.  I even stamped on the inside of the card. 


For Day 3 - today - I am making a fun and simple Halloween card using card Sketch 14 from Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspiration, a cardmaking group on Facebook run by my friend Crystal.  If you love card sketches, cardmaking, or just want inspiration, this is a great group to join.   

I am adding this to Crystal's TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch Challenge - All the Sketches.  Links to everything I used are at the end of this post.

  • I started by making a top-folding A2 card base using black cardstock.  
  • I printed one of the papers from the Hocus Pocus Paper Collection from Echo Park (links below) and then die-cut it using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die.  I used a design that had witch's hats on it to match my sentiment. 
  • I used the same 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die to die-cut a piece of white cardstock for the inside of the card.
  • I cut 3 pieces of textured cardstock, 4" x 6.25", in purple, orange, and green from the American Crafts Primary Cardstock.  Then I applied double-sided tape to the back of each one.  
  • Using the small and medium dies in the Stitched Strips of Ease Heffy Cuts set from Heffy Doodle, I die-cut the purple cardstock using the small die and the orange and green cardstock using the medium die.  If I cut too many I will just keep them for another project.  If you don't want or like the stitched look, Heffy Doodle also has a non-stitched set, Strips of Ease Heffy Cuts.

  • I adhered the strips of cardstock to my designer paper (as shown in the sketch) using the purple strips between the green and orange strips.  Using double-sided tape on the back before die-cutting the strips makes this so easy. 

    When finished, I trimmed the excess.  


Now to just put it all together.  
  • I cut a piece of fun foam and adhered it under my striped piece, then I adhered this to my card front.
  • I stamped the sentiment, Witch In All of Us from Technique Junkies, on a piece of white cardstock, trimmed it, layered it on a piece of black cardstock, and then to the center of the card.
  • And, lastly, I stamped Wicked Halloween, also from Technique Junkies, on the white cardstock we die-cut earlier and adhered it to the inside of the card.    



And she's done!  Here's the final card.  Like I wrote above, super simple to make.  The most time-consuming part was die-cutting the strips.  Links to everything I used are below.  If you like the stamps I used from Technique Junkies and want to save 10% on your purchase, use the code TJ10Michael at checkout.  I might earn a small commission but it doesn't come from your pocket.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...