Sunday, June 14, 2020

Thinking of You with the Lavinia World Challenge Blog


Hello everyone.  My friend Debra, of Meticulosity, is one of the Guest Designers over on the Lavinia Worlds Challenge Blog and I thought I would support her and make a card for the challenge too.  If interested, you can check out her post HERE.  


Although I don't have any Lavinia stamps (yet) I went thru my stash to try to find a solid type of stamp that they are known for and I came across a solid fairy stamp called Toadstools from CTMH (very old).   

I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock with a stitched rectangle die that measures 4" x 5.25".  Then, I blended 4 inks from Gina K. Designs.  I started at the bottom with Wild Dandelion and worked my way up with Tangerine Twist, then Red Velvet, and, finally, with Plum Punch.  

 
Next, using a stamp positioner and Versafine Onyx Black Ink, I stamped the scene I wanted. I decided not to color any of the images and allow the distressed background to come thru.  I wanted to keep it simple and I think the images pop more this way. 


Lastly, I spritzed some water on the front to give a bit of a distressed look.  Yes, a blob dropped behind the fairy but I am okay with that since there is nothing I can do about it.  LOL  I adhered this to a piece of black cardstock, 4.25" x 5.5" and then I adhered this to the card front.  


Done!  I hope you guys liked this fast and simple card.  I just watched Artemis Fowl last night so this must be fairy week.  LOL  Hope you get a chance to check out all the entries over on the Lavinia World Challenge Blog.  

Have a great day and, until next time...

~Hugs from Brasil.

Michael

8 comments:

  1. Michael I love the background color on your magical card! That scene is so adorable with the fairy sitting on the mushroom and the snail watching her! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lavinia World Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining in this Challenge.. Your support means the world to me !! Absolutely love this card !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful. Beautiful card- Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges. Vicki- DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much, it is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World Challenge DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background! Absolutely adorable! Thank you for entering our challenge over at Lavinia World Challenge! Hugs, Alina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty and I thought that blob as you call it, was meant to represent the setting sun. Wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the vibrant background. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lavinia World Challenges. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day, and stay safe and healthy!
    ♥ Lena ~ DT
    Lavinia World
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty, love your colors. Thanks for joining at Lavinia World Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...