Thursday, June 11, 2020

Enjoy The Journey - MDF Sneakers




Hi everyone!  Not that I can give this to anyone at the moment since we are pretty much all stuck here but I have had these MDF sneakers in my stash for way too long and I had to make a card with them.  Hopefully, travel will happen sooner than later. 

I started with a 5" square top-folding card of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of black cardstock.  Then I cut a 5" square piece of decorative paper from the Cartographer paper pad (Prima Marketing) and cut the center out using the Hello & Thanks Label from Reverse Confetti.



Using the same die and the same paper pack, I cut a piece of black fun foam and another piece of decorative paper with a map design on the paper.  




I adhered the map paper to the fun foam and then to the center of the card.  I also distressed some white stickers from my stash with a Copic marker and adhered them to the card front. 



Next, I embossed the MDF sneakers by pushing a Versamark pad into the MDF to get the ink into all the nooks and crannies.  Then I embossed them with Black Sparkle embossing powder by Ranger.  Next, I adhered them to the card front and, lastly, I adhered the sentiment "enjoy the journey" on top of the sneakers.  



 

I really love how this turned out.  Embossing MDF is so easy and adds great texture to a card or project.  Now, if only we could travel...LOL

Here's a close-up of the sneakers...


That's it for today!  I hope you enjoyed this idea with the MDF sneakers.  Thinking about this now...these would be great for a travel journal too.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog.  Enjoy the rest of your day.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...