Monday, June 1, 2020

Dream...Hope...Believe...



Hello everyone.  I had so much fun making all those coffee-themed cards for the Spring | Summer 2020 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop that I am still in coffee mode.  Truth be told, I had so many "coffee" ideas that they could not fit into one week.  

One of the projects I was working on was a coffee-themed photo folio. After I finished the cover to the folio, I realized that it would have been a great card, which is what I made for you today.

  • I started with a 6" square card of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of brown cardstock. 
  • Then I printed one of the papers in the Coffee Lovers Digital Paper Pack from Graciellie Design. I went with the donut paper because I love to add stickles to the icing.  You'll see later.  I trimmed it to a 5.75" square and adhered this to the brown cardstock. 
  • Next, I printed one of the cups from the Coffee Queen Mini Digital Stamp Bundle also from Graciellie Design.  I printed the cup twice at 80% and then had my Scan N Cut cut one of the images out with a slight border.  With the other, I fussy cut the flowers from the cup.


  • Next, I printed the page with the black and white coffee words from the Coffee Lovers Digital Paper Pack, put it back in the printer and printed the coffee cup again at 80%. This way, the words will print on the cup.  Then I fussy cut just the cup portion.  
  • I also printed the sentiment "Dream, hope, believe." from the Blessed Digital Stamp Set at 35%, which I then die cut using a stitched fishtale banner die.  I also used the next size up to cut a piece of the brown cardstock.    


  • Next, I colored the flowers using BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers. Then I colored just the outer edges on the flowers attached to the cup because we will layer the other flowers over them and they will not show.  I also adhered the piece with the words that I fussy cut earlier to the cup itself.


  • Next, I adhered the banners to the front of the card, layering the white on the brown first.  
  • Then I put foam dots behind the coffee cup and adhered that to the front overlapping the banner.  
  • Next, I put foam dots behind the colored flowers and adhered that the cup.



  • Lastly, I adhered Yellow Stickles to the flowers, Glam Pink Stickles to the frosting on the donuts, Frosted Lace to the whipped cream, and a little Firefly Green Stickles to the leaves.


And the card is done!  I think the sentiment is very apropos considering what is going on nowadays!  Between the riots, the pandemic, unemployment, and global unrest, we must continue to dream, hope and believe!  

I hope you enjoyed this card.  I'll be back again soon with another card or project.  Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your week.  

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

2 comments:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...