Thursday, June 11, 2020

Kind Words Are The Blossoms In The Garden



Hello everyone.  I hope everyone is safe and sound.  It's getting crazier and crazier here in Brasil with numbers going up daily, instability in the government, a lack of leadership...but there really isn't anything for me to do other than keep trekking along and make stuff!  Also, I think I am just bored and would really love to just meet some people for coffee or a burger. 

Today's card is my Design Team project for the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  This week we are up to Challenge No. 144 and it's all about flowers or Spring.  If you want to play along with us, and I hope you do, below is the inspiration photo that the team had to work with when making their projects.  



I love using flower stamps on cards and I can honestly say that I had over a week's worth of ideas for this challenge.  Hmmm...maybe this will be a week of flower cards.  I decided to use one of the 3 beautiful Floral Backgrounds from Anthony's Paper Craft. There is Floral Background 1, Floral Background 2, and Floral Background 3 and they all look like wildflowers, my favorite.  

I decided to use Floral Background 1 for this card.  I started by stamping the image and the sentiment with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on to a piece of white cardstock that I had die cut with a stitched rectangle die.  


I really wanted to keep the coloring on the card clean and simple so I just colored the flowers and the nest with BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers. 


Then I made a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper.  Then I cut a piece of white fun foam to which I adhered my colored floral piece.  Then I adhered it to the card front. 


Lastly, to add just a bit of shimmer, I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the eggs and some Yellow and Lavender to the flowers.


I really love the simplicity of this card and the sentiment is perfect right now considering the state of the world.  I hope you enjoyed this card too.  

As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Remember, you can also follow me on my Instagram page by clicking HERE with photos of my crafty stuff, dogs, food, Brasil...normal stuff.  

Stay safe everyone and until next time, hugs from Brasil - 


~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...