Sunday, June 28, 2020

Saying "Hello" Cards - Two Ways




Hi everyone.  Today's "hello" cards were made for a few reasons.  One is that when I moved here many years ago, I moved with boxes and boxes of craft supplies, most of which have gone unused.  So I want to start using my stash when I can starting with the "hello" dies I found the other day in a bag.  Another reason is that I joined a group on Facebook called There's A Stamp For That Challenge and the first challenge is a "hello" card.  Perfect timing!     

Today's cards use these retired dies from Poppy Stamps  - 

If you want them, Frantic Stamper has them all in stock (as of the date of this blog post) and the links above take you to her store.  So you know, I do NOT earn anything if you buy them from her. 

For the first card, I started by making an A2 top-folding card with white cardstock and I adhered a map of the world.  It was in my stash, without the pad, and I have no idea who even makes it.  Being an American living in Brasil, I used the North American side of the map. 


 
After playing around with different colors of cardstock, I decided to use red for the phone and solid balloon and white for the "hello".  I put a piece of double-sided tape behind each piece of cardstock and then die-cut the Rotary Phone die and the Word Balloon die from the red and the Hello Word Balloon die from the white.   


I adhered the "hello" to the red word balloon, then all of the elements to the card front, and, lastly, some sequins.


For the 2nd card, I went with a 5.5" square card.  To the front I adhered a piece of black cardstock, then a piece of the same map paper, 5.25" square, which was first adhered to a piece of black fun foam.  

Then I die cut the Rotary Phone die from black cardstock and adhered it to the card front and I cut 4 the Little Luxe Hello die out of black cardstock, glued them together, and then adhered this to the front.  Lastly, 3 round sequins to the card front.      


That's it folks!  It feels good to use some things that have never been used before.  The pandemic is giving me time to go thru things and clean out.  Anyone else doing the same thing?  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  I'd love to know which card is your fav.  I'll be back soon with another project.  Until then...

~Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. I like the A2 card the best!

    How are you and Ruy and the furry family? I’m fine, trying to avoid Covid 19 at all costs.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...