Thursday, June 25, 2020

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - June 2020 Edition



Hello everyone and welcome to the June 2020 Edition of the Crafty Elves Countdown to Chrismas.  I cannot believe that almost half the year is gone - and I have been inside for most of it.  The numbers here are still rising and I am keeping to myself.  Crafting, baking, and cooking. 

The elves,  (
DebraLisaJessica, and myself), have also been busy making more Christmas/Hanukkah/Holiday cards for this month.  Here are my 4 Crafty Elf cards for June and links to the other Crafty Elves' cards are at the end of this post.

Card No. 1



For this card, I used a stamp called "Cupcake With A Holly On Top" from Stamping Bella.  It's been retired for years but I still love this little guy (or gal?). 
               
  • I started by adhering a piece of decorative Christmas paper to the front of my 5" x 5" square card.  
  • I stamped the cupcake on white cardstock and colored it with various BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip markers.  
  • I die cut it with a stitched square die along with a piece of red cardstock using the next size up. 
  • I adhered the white to the red cardstock and then to the card front. 
  • Lastly, I adhered Glossy Accents to each of the colored circles on the cupcake and 3 small red crystals to the berries on top and set it aside to dry.

Card No. 2




For this card, I really went outside the box.  Last year I won a gift certificate to Topflight Stamps and one of the things I got was this Dotty Snowflake stencil from That's Crafty.  As soon as I saw it I imagined crystals in each of the small circles on the stencil.  I finally got a chance to get the idea out of my head.

  • I started with a piece of white textured cardstock 5.5" x 5.5", which I secured with washi tape. Then I placed the stencil over the cardstock and secured that with washi tape too.  
  • Then I made a small pencil mark in the center of each of the hole where I will adhere a crystal.  
  • Then I adhered the crystals, working in sections.  A dab of Multi-Matte Medium (Ranger) on each dot and then a crystal until I had all the dots covered.    
  • Lastly, I cut a piece of white and red cardstock using stitched circle dies, stamped my sentiment on the white cardstock, layered it on the red, and adhered this to the center.  
Card No. 3




  • I printed Holiday Cheer Glass from Bugaboo Stamps on white cardstock and colored the image using my Ultra Fine Tip BIC Markers
  • I die cut the image using a double stitched rectangle die, which I layered on to a piece of black cardstock.  
  • I cut a piece of black fun foam, adhered this to the back of the black cardstock, and then adhered the whole thing to my red card base.
  • I adhered a sticker from Studio Calico to a piece of black cardstock and then to the card front.
  • Lastly, I used some Stickles on various parts of the image and then adhered some small red and clear crystals.    

Card(s) No. 4




For these cards, I went simple again using a digital stamp set called Beary Best Friend from Polka Dot Orchard.  My original idea was to make a Christmas card, which I did, but then, after really reading the sentiment, I realized it was also perfect for a Hanukkah/Chanukah card so I made one of those too.  

For the Christmas card...
  • I printed the background image at 47% and two of the sentiment at 30% on white cardstock.  I trimmed and colored the background using BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers and using only 4 colors - Rambunctious Red, Blue Skies Blue, Key Lime, and Moonstone Yellow (for a gold look).  I also die-cut the sentiments using a double-stitched rectangle die.
  • I made my card bases of white cardstock and adhered a piece of red cardstock to the front.
  • I adhered the image on an angle, then trimmed off the excess, and added a piece of gold washi tape to the top and bottom.  I got the idea from THIS video by Julie Ebersole.  
  • I adhered my sentiment to a piece of red cardstock, trimmed leaving a small border and then adhered this to the card front with foam tape. 
  • Lastly, I added Crystal Stickles to each of the hats. 

For the Hanukkah/Chanukah card...

  • I made my base card of white cardstock and adhered a piece of blue cardstock to the front.
  • I printed and cut one of the papers from this Hanukkah Paper pack from AMB Illustrations on Etsy using a stitched rectangle die, which I then adhered to the card front. 
  • I layered my sentiment on a piece of the same blue cardstock, trimmed it leaving a small border, and adhered this to the card front with foam tape.
  • Lastly, I adhered a few sequins/crystals to the card front. 

Done!!

I hope these cards have inspired you to break out some of your Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Holiday stamps to make some cards.  Many of us still have a lot of time on our hands right now.

Please remember to check out what the other Crafty Elves have up their sleeves this month - 



I'd love to know which of my projects was your favorite!  As always, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  You can also follow me on my Instagram page by clicking HERE!

Until next time, hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

6 comments:

  1. These are so fun! i LOVE the martini glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! I love the variations you shared on the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the holiday cheer glass! So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful variety. My favorite is #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards! Really loving that cute cupcake image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back! lol! I love these!! Such a fantastic way to use that stencil! We made it for another month... yay us!

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...