Thursday, June 25, 2020

Thank You Card for the Covid-19 Doctors and Nurses


Hello everyone!  How are y'all doing?  I am back again with another Design Team project for the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  We are up to Challenge No. 144 and it's all about saying "thank you" to the doctors, nurses, cleaning staff, and everyone else on the frontlines of the battle with Covid-19.
  
If you wish to play along with us, which I hope you do, below is the inspiration photo that the Design Team had to work with when making their projects.  


Not having any doctor or nurse images, I jumped on Etsy and found the perfect digi stamps from MMedelIllustrations - the male doctors/nurses and the female doctors/nurses - and I bought them both.  Then I printed 4 of each at 75% on to white cardstock and had my Scan N Cut cut them out with a slight border.  Then I colored them in using different BIC Intensity Markers for the scrubs and a few Copic markers for skin tones.




Next, the card base.  I cut a piece of white cardstock 6" x 12" and scored in half to make a 6" square card. Then I adhered a piece of black cardstock to the front.  

I don't have any decorative paper that deals with medical or Covid-19 so I searched the internet and found THIS COVID-19 Mini Kit Freebie from Digital Scrapbook Ingredients.   I printed out one of the papers, cut it to a 5.75" square, and adhered on top of the black cardstock.


I adhered the doctors and nurses to the card front with one layer adhered to the paper and the next layer adhered using foam tape to give a 3D effect.


And, lastly, I stamped a "thank you" sentiment (from Greetings and Graphics from Hero Arts) on to a piece of white cardstock, layered it on a piece of black and then adhered to the card front using foam tape.  


Done!  No stickles.  No sequins.  No need.  I am in love with this card the way it is.  I hope you guys are too.  I'd love to know what you think.  Leave a comment!!  And, if you participate in the challenge, let me know so I can check out your work.  

Stay safe and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...