Monday, February 12, 2024

In Honor of Black History Month and Lincoln's Birthday | African Inspired Notecards | African Dancers Technique Junkies

 


Hello everyone!  Today I have a simple post to help celebrate Abe Lincoln's birthday and Black History Month.  Yes, that Abe, who led the USA through the Civil War, defended the nation as a constitutional union, defeated the insurgent Confederacy, and abolished slavery (per Wikipedia).  February is also Black History Month or African-American History Month - the month to remember important people and events in the history of the African diaspora.

The word "diaspora" is new to me and means the dispersion or spread of a people from their original homeland.  African-Americans, and millions of African-Brasilians, were definitely dispersed from their original homelands.  As a Jew, this can also be said of many of my ancestors - at least those who fled their homeland in search of a better life.

To help celebrate all of the above, I made some African-inspired notecards - A2 size and slimline - three with a hello sentiment and three without.  

  • I made my card bases using black, orange, and blue cardstock.    
  • I printed 3 of the papers from the African Inspired Patterns digital paper collection that I picked up from VNcharm on Etsy.  There are over 50 patterns to pick from.  I adhered one to each card front.
  • Then I stamped African Dancers from Technique Junkies,  3 times on white cardstock, layered them on a colored cardstock, and then to the card front. 
  • For my sentiment on 3 of the cards, I used the 2 hello dies from the All About You Word Die Set from Altenew
  • Lastly, I cut a piece of white cardstock for each card and adhered them to the inside for a message. 
Here are the cards without the sentiment - 





And here are the cards with the Hello sentiment on the front - 




I really love how these came out and I love all of the African patterns and colors, which, I think, go perfectly with the African Dancers stamp.  There is also a matching stamp set of African Proverbs that would also go perfectly with the African Dancers - both from Technique Junkies.  And, if you use my code at checkout, TJ10Michael, you can save 10%.  

I'd love to know what you think of these cards.  Do you have a favorite?  Let me know below.  Thanks for stopping by my blog today and, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...