Friday, February 2, 2024

Addicted to CAS - Challenge #250 - Sky | 4 Cards In An Hour | Technique Junkies


The stars truly aligned this morning for me.  I came down to my studio with my cup of energy juice - aka coffee - sat at my desk to create and noticed the Sky Above rubber stamp from Technique Junkies sitting on my desk to my right. 

I didn't even remember putting it on the desk.  Maybe it was there but covered by something?  I did clean a bit yesterday. 

Huh...strange...odd...

But now I want to make something using it.  

Then - I opened my blog reader to check what card challenges are happening and saw that Addicted to CAS is having a card challenge using the word "Sky".


Huh...strange...odd...the stars were guiding me here today.  I wondered how many cards I could make in less than an hour using this stamp.  It turns out that I can make 4 cards.  Thank you stars.  But, sadly, when I went to upload my card, the challenge had ended!!  WTHeck stars?  

At least I got creative today and can share with y'all.  Summer and beach weather will soon be here. 

Card No. 1


This was the simplest of the cards and the one I will enter in the Addicted to CAS challenge since it's the most CAS and only 1 layer.  

Card No. 2


This card is basically the same as Card No. 1 but I added the clouds directly to my card front and I also layered the sentiment using fun foam, which kinda makes it 3 layers.   

  • I made a top-folding A2 card, adhered it to my desk with washi tape, and made clouds directly on the card front using my homemade cloud stencil, a blending brush, and Blue Ribbon Dye Ink (Ranger).
  • I stamped Sky Above (Technique Junkies) using Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger) on a piece of white cardstock, die-cut it using a 3.25" x 4.5" stitched rectangle die, adhered a piece of white fun foam to the back and then to the center of my card front. 

Card No. 3


This card uses a weathered wood/beach paper.  I feel the paper works perfectly with the sentiment giving a beach feel and the browns on the paper acting as my "sand". 

  • Using a 4.25" x 5.5" stitched rectangle die, I die-cut a piece of decorative paper that has a weathered wood/beach look and adhered this to the front of my A2 card base. 
  • I stamped Sky Above on white cardstock, die-cut it using a 3.25" x 4.5" stitched rectangle die, adhered a piece of fun foam to the back, and then adhered this to my card front. 

Card No. 4


I think this is my favorite.  I embossed a piece of Kraft cardstock for the "sand" using a wave embossing folder for a beach feel.  I also added the sky behind the sentiment. 

There you have them.  4 cards using 1 stamp in less than 1 hour.  Sadly, when I went to upload the card to the card challenge - IT HAD ENDED!  Maybe the starts only aligned today to get me to create with this stamp.  Either way, I love my cards.  Which is your favorite?  I'd love to know.  

If you love this stamp you can save 10% at checkout on the Technique Junkies website by using my code TJ10Michael.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael 

4 comments:

  1. Perfect CAS card! What DP did you use? I have some wood but none that nice in a good scale for A2....thanks Margot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I love your cards and the great sentiment. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've become a devoted follower of your blog because of the way you seamlessly blend expertise with relatability. It's rare to find a platform that manages to be both informative and personable, and you nail it every time. Well done!"
    planet fitness coupons

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Your blog is like a beacon of enlightenment in the vast sea of information overload. The carefully curated content and your ability to distill complex ideas into digestible insights make it a go-to resource for those seeking clarity. Well done!"
    raising canes coupons

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...