Saturday, February 25, 2023

Crafty Elves' Countdown To Christmas - February 2023 Edition

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the February 2023 Edition of The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  If you are new here, the Countdown happens on the 25th of each month when some Crafty Elves - me (World of Michael Trent), Debra (Meticulosity), Lisa (BZScrapper), and Misty (The Jolly Fat Elf) - share some card ideas to help you during the year with your holiday cards.  

Last month's post was, I have to say, an AMAZING CARD but also a really long blog post.  So, this month, I thought I would keep it short and simple.  I used two stamps from Technique Junkies - Vintage Botanical Holly as my main image and two different sentiments from the Gifts of Christmas set.   The only other thing you need is embossing powder and a Versamark or clear embossing ink pad.

Card No. 1



  • I made a top-folding A2 card using red cardstock.
  • I cut two pieces of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die measuring 4" x 5.25".  One I adhered on the inside of the card for a message.
  • Using the other, I stamped Vintage Botanical Holly several times using Versamark Ink and then heat embossing with Green Foil embossing powder that I have in my stash (sorry, brand unknown).
  • I splattered some red paint on the front, dried the paint with a heat tool, and adhered it to the card front.
  • I stamped one of the sentiments from Gifts of Christmas on a piece of white cardstock, die cut it with a rectangle die, layered it on a piece of red cardstock, and, lastly, adhered this to the card front.
Card No. 2


  • I made a top-folding A2 card using red cardstock.
  • I cut two pieces of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die measuring 4" x 5.25".  One I adhered on the inside of the card for a message.
  • Using the other and leaving room for my sentiment, I stamped Vintage Botanical Holly twice using Versamark Ink and then heat embossed with a Forrest Green embossing powder in my stash.  
  • I stamped one of the sentiments from Gifts of Christmas in the space I left for it and then adhered this to my card front.  
Now, before anyone says that the powder did not fully adhere or melt on one of the leaves, I saw that.  But, I also felt it worked on this card so I left it.  

I really like how these two cards turned out but I think Card No. 2, which is a much simpler and cleaner card, I like more.  But I love being able to use 1 or 2 stamps to get a few different cards made at the same time.  

Remember to go and check out what the other Crafty Elves have made for you this month.  All our links are below.    

Michael - World of Michael Trent 

Debra - Meticulosity

Lisa - BZ Scrapper 

Misty - The Jolly Fat Elf

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  I'd love to know what you think of these two cards.  Have a favorite?  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

4 comments:

  1. Lovely holly card Michael and the red spatters just finished it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Vannessa said. Love this card! Enjoy your day, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the holly design! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful holly cards!! So perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...