Saturday, February 4, 2023

Paper Crafters Unite Against Racism IG Hop

 


Today I am one of the makers in the first Paper Crafters Unite Against Racism Instagram Hop of 2023 -  #papercraftersuniteagainstracism.  The hop continues tomorrow with new makers.

The goal of this hop is to raise awareness about:

- anti-racism;
- BLM (Black Lives Matter);
- to stand with and demonstrate solidarity with, sadly, so many causes...Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (APPI), the Jewish and Palestinian people, and other oppressed minorities.

Basically, be kind and respect others.  Even if you do not agree with them or their views.  They might not agree with yours either.    

For my notecards today, I went simple.  I used the Wave Form Cover Die from Altenew to cut 6 different colors from the Harvest Gathering Matstack from DCWV.  I wanted these colors to represent different skin tones in humanity.  Then I used one of each color to form the different card fronts.  Only 3 cards are shown here but I made 6.  

Next, I wanted some good quotes related to today's theme.  I went online and I found a great article, on Good Housekeeping, put together by Monique Valeris, called 

30 Insightful Quotes on Racism and the Power of Diversity in Society - Inspiring musing on the beauty of celebrating differences.

It dates back to 2020 but good quotes never age and I found some great ones.  I only used 3 so if you want to read the other 27 quotes, check out the link above. 

I printed 3 of them, used dies to cut them out, layered them on a piece of dark brown cardstock (another skin tone), and then adhered them to the card fronts. 




Done!  Below are the other makers participating in the hop - today and tomorrow.  They are all on Instagram and, if you have an account, I hope you will find the time to check the cards out, leave comments, and show support!  


As I am finishing up this post, I am thinking of all the people in the world that continue to face injustice because of their skin color, where they come from, what language they speak, and what religion, if any, they follow.  Whether they are gay, straight, trans, bi, American, Brasilian, Asian, Arabic, homeless, poor, a woman...the list goes on and on and I wish it would just end.  But, until then, I will continue to do what I can with my simple voice and my blog.  

Stay safe everyone.  I'd love to know what you think of my cards and this blog hop.  Please support me and the cause by leaving a comment below.  Positive or negative.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael 

1 comment:

  1. This is very powerful. I knew immediately what your waves signified. It never stops amazing me and is very sad that with a limited time on this earth, humans can't find better ways to use it than hating/hurting each other. Tragic that it can take only one hater to cause very real damage to a lot of people. Thank you for the beautiful cards and the good sentiment website which I have pinned for my own use in the future. I am thinking a very large version with a lot of the sentiments inserted would make good wall art. hugs and light from NYC Margot

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...