Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Yes, It's A Holiday - Send A Card To A Friend Day

 


Hello everyone and welcome to a new "Yes, It's A Holiday" collaboration with my friends Debra (@djdavison814) and Lori (@mamakobs).  Today we are celebrating National Send A Card To A Friend Day.  I love getting a handmade card in the mail.  Knowing that a person took the time to sit down and make this card to send to me says a lot about that person.  I'm a bad person.  I make cards every week!  Do I ever send any?  No.  Well, today, that changes.  I have a few cards to send today and I cannot wait for the recipients to get them! 

According to National Today, the earliest cards are from the 15th century when Europeans adopted the idea of sending paper greeting cards.  Mass production started in the 1860s and Hallmark was founded in 1910, which is the largest and oldest manufacturer of cards in America.  

To make today's card...

I started with a sheet of decorative paper that had vintage postcards all over it.  It's from a Brasilian company called Arte Facil Artesanato but, sadly, it's been retired.  I also used the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die Set from Pink Fresh Studio and the All About You Die Set from Altenew.  


I die-cut the vintage pink cardstock using the largest of the dies from the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die set and I die-cut the decorative paper using the largest of the non-scalloped dies.   I also made my card base using white cardstock.  

I distressed the edges of both pieces using Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger) and adhered the vintage pink to the card front.  I cut a piece of fun foam, adhered it under the decorative paper, and then to the card front.  


Next, I die-cut the words "Miss You" and "Hey You" - because I didn't know which I wanted to use - using the same vintage pink cardstock and white cardstock.  Then I played around with the words and, ultimately, decided I liked both - so I made a 2nd card.  



Lastly, I adhered some Red Cosmos Enamel Dots from Altenew on the card front.  Some of the tones of the dots were perfect for this card.  


 Done.  Here are the final two cards up close.  



Done!  And I love them both.  I don't make many vintage-style cards but I really love how these turned out and I cannot wait to get these in the mail today.  

Don't forget to hop on over to Debra's and Lori's Instagram pages to see what they made to celebrate today.  Our Instagram pages are below.  Just click on our name and you will be transported to amazing cards and art.  And, while you are there, it would be great if you followed us too.  


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil. 

~Michael 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...