Wednesday, February 22, 2023

**Special Announcement** - QKR Stampede Design Team

 


Hello all!  I wanted to pop in here and spread some good news.  A few weeks ago I was cleaning out a box and I found some rubber stamps that I bought years ago from QKR Stampede and Eureka Stamps.  I was talking about this to my friend Sue since she was my rubber stamp roadie when I lived in the states and, the next day, she tells me that QKR Stampede was looking to add people to their design team - but with a catch.  They would only be using digital stamps, which is right up my alley.

I applied...sent them the usual...blog, IG page, crafty resume and, this week they contacted me asking me if I would join their team.  

Of course, I said YES!  So I am now one of the newest members of the QKR Stampede Design Team.  I will make a card on the 1st and 15th of each month using digital stamps from either QKR or Eureka.  Of course, my card will be on the QKR Stampede Blog, I will have a blog post here, and I will have links to everything I used and a step-by-step if you wish to remake the card. 






And, a HUGE thanks to Sue!!  You know who you are.  

I am sure many of you are scratching your heads and wondering who QKR and Eureka are.  They are not one of the huge names in the industry.  The ones with thousands of followers and big names promoting their images.  But they are a really well-known Mom & Pop type of stamp company.  The kind of stamp company I love to make cards for.  The lesser-knowns.     

Long story short...the first place I ever saw a rubber stamp was in The Ink Pad in NYC - almost 20 years ago.  One year, Anna, the owner, hired a bus to take people to a rubber stamp show - probably in Massachusetts.  I had never been to one but, when I walked in and saw all those booths selling stamps...I knew I had entered heaven!  There weren't any really big names at that time.  Most, if not all, were small Mom and Pop brands - Stamp On It was one of those booths and they were selling QKR and Eureka images.  And that's how it all started.  

Anyway, I am super proud to be part of this team and hope you will follow their blog - QKR Stampede Blog - and come back to check out what I make on the 1st and 15th of each month.  Also, go check out their sites.  If you love digi stamps as much as I do, their images are about $2 each.  

Until the 1st of March...

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Michael! This is great for you and great for QKR and Eureka. I’ll be watching you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Michael! I remember purchasing some of their stamps at a stamp convention a few times. I look forward to you sharing their line.

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...