Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday / Christmas Card / Using My Stash

 


Hello all and welcome to a new "Woodblock Wednesday" - the perfect day of the week to make a card using woodblock stamps that have not been used in some time - or at all.  

This week I am using two woodblock stamps I found the other day while "organizing".  A background stamp - Envelope Pattern (Hero Arts) and Holly Collage (Memory Box).  Both are long retired but, if you wish to recreate this card, I hope you have something in your own stash you can use.   My goal is to hopefully inspire you to make something from what I made.  


Let's get started...

I made an A2 card using a red cardstock in my stash.  I love it because it has a light watermark pattern on it.  Not that much will be seen.  I also wanted some shimmer so I grabbed my set of Starry Colors Gansai Tambi paints, my Mini Mister of H2O, small brush, and I splattered on some of the White Gold ink.  



I also adhered a piece of white cardstock to the inside (for my message) that I had die-cut using a stitched rectangle die. 

Next, I stamped the Envelope Pattern background stamp on a piece of white cardstock using Satin Red Versafine Ink and I stamped the Holly Collage stamp in black.  


I trimmed the Envelope Pattern image to 4.25" x 5.5".  Then, using a ruler, I measured 2.5" in from the upper left corner and made a mark.  Then I measured 2.5" down from the upper left corner and made a mark.  I drew a light and sliced that part off with a craft knife.  




Then I did the same to the lower right corner.  

I know, it looks wonky but keep reading.  It all works out in the end. 

Next, I distressed around the edges using the black ink and then I cut two 1/2" strips of silver mirror cardstock and adhered one to each of the longer sides of the Envelope Pattern piece.


Then I adhered this to the card front - corner to corner.  You might need to trim off some excess.  


I die-cut the Holly Collage image using a stitched rectangle die and I used the next size up to cut a piece of the same red cardstock.  

I colored the holly leaves using a brush marker and some water, adhered 3 red crystals for the berries, and adhered it to the card front.  

For the inside, I found the perfect sentiment in my stash...a stamp from Stampenous that says "happy holly days".  

The perfect way to finish this card.


Here's the finished card again.  I love how it came out and hope you guys do to!  Hey, would you like to receive this card?  Just leave a comment below and be the first to email me your address at michaeltrent - at - gmail - dot - com and I will get it off to you.  

Until next time...hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, Michael! I love to find unused stamps in my stash that I had forgotten I had. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...