Monday, January 9, 2023

My First Christmas Card of 2021 using Technique Junkies Stamps

 


Hello all and Happy New Year and welcome to 2023.  I hope everyone had a great holiday - Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa - whatever you celebrate if you celebrate.  Ours was quiet and uneventful.  I did spend time cleaning out boxes, bags, and drawers, and found stuff I completely forgot I owned.  I am sure most of you can relate.  One of my resolutions this year is to try and use as much of my stash as possible, and begin the process of cleaning out the clutter.  Again, I am sure most of you can relate.

So...let's begin 2023 with one of my fav brands - Technique Junkies.  Someone that follows me sent me a little package a few weeks ago with some of her stamps and it's time to put them to use.  Oh, if you would like to receive this card later in the year, read to the end to see how.  

I found this Oval Burst Background Die (Gina Marie Designs) in my stash and wanted to use it.  I decided to pair it up with some of the new stamps I recently got - Leaves & Berries and Embellished Merry Christmas (Technique Junkies) and they both go perfectly together for this card.  

I started by stamping Leaves & Berries on a piece of white cardstock.  Then I used the Oval Burst Background Die to die-cut both the image and a piece of red cardstock.  I adhered the red cardstock to the front of my A2 card front using spray glue.  Then I adhered each of the pieces from the Leaves & Berries image into each of the spaces of the red cardstock.  It's basically like a puzzle.  


Next, I colored my whole image using a variety of green BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers, trimmed the whole piece, adhered a piece of white fun foam under it, and then adhered this to my card front.  


Next, I stamped Embellished Merry Christmas on a piece of white cardstock, trimmed it, and adhered it to a piece of red cardstock.  Then I added some Green Stickles to the trees and some Yellow Stickles to the big star and set it aside to dry.  


Once dry, I adhered it to the center of my card front.  


To finish the card, I added Christmas Red Stickles to each of the berries that were showing and a few small crystals on the sentiment. To add some shimmer and shine to the card. 



Done.  The inside is blank for a message.  Below is the final card in all it's beauty.  I love it and I hope you guys do too.  


I am going to try something new.  If you have read this far, leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this card.  Be honest.  I am always open to suggestions on how my cards or projects can be better.  And, if you would like to receive this card later in the year for Christmas, the first person to say so and send me their name and address to michaeltrent@gmail.com - will receive it!  

Until next time - hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. I adore how you stamp your own backgrounds! Your cards always have just the right amount of bling to them that makes them cheery. Thank you for sharing your art with us!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...