Thursday, January 12, 2023

Modern Hanukkah Card with Honey Bee, Spellbinders, and Paper Trey Ink


 

Hello everyone and Happy Thursday.  I hope y'all are doing well this week.  Remember, it's almost Friday!!  We are on Day 20 (=/-) with rain, drizzle, and overcast skies and, to be honest, it's driving me nuts.  But I've had time to go thru more of my unused stash and it's crazy how many Hanukkah/Chanukah stamps and papers I own that have never been used. 

In my stash last week I found a package of 25 silver A2 cards that had I picked up at a stamp show - who knows how many years ago.  My first thought was to make a Hanukkah card, which is probably why I bought them in the first place.  Better late than never...right?

I decided to pair the silver cardstock with the Glass Effects die from Spellbinders and the Happy Hanukkah die from Paper Trey Ink.  

I started by cutting one of the A2 cards in half.  One half I die-cut using the Glass Effects die.  You end up with a border part and all the inside pieces of the window.  I adhered the border part to the front of my A2 card.  



Then I pulled out the Team Tie-Dye paper pad from Honey Bee Stamps.  I love the alcohol ink/distress ink look to these papers and I found one that had some "Hanukkah" colors on it.  I trimmed the sheet to the size of the Glass Effects die, put some double-sided tape on the back, and then I die-cut that using the same Glass Effect die.  

Using double-sided tape on the back makes it much easier to adhere to the card front.  I DON'T remove the pieces from the die until I adhere them into the border. 

Next, working piece by piece, I remove the tape backing and adhere it onto the card front in the space it was intended for until I have done the whole card front.  It seems tedious but, seriously, for me it's relaxing. 


The last thing I did was to die-cut the Happy Hannukah die 3 times, using the other side of the silver cardstock.  I adhered them together, adhered it to the card front, and then adhered 3 blue crystals.


Done!  I think it looks amazing and very classy.  What are your thoughts?  If you would like to receive this card in the mail, later in the year, leave a comment below and be the first to email me your address (michaeltrent@gmail.com).  


I will have another Hanukkah card on my blog on Sunday in which I use the positive part/the outline of the Tie-Dye/Glass Effects piece that I did not use on this card.  Check back then.  

I hope you guys have a great day and, until next time - hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...