Friday, January 13, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 29

 


Hey everyone.  One of the things I want to really focus on this year is to make more holiday cards and to participate in some card sketch challenges.  I have major issues with "card sketches" and there is no better way to get over that fear other than to take part in them.  So, to kick off the New Year, I am playing along with the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 29, which has been extended thru January 31, 2023.  

Here is the sketch - 


And, if you want to play along, you can check out all the info over on the {BYSH) Cardmakers Blog (that's Build Your Own Stash).  Just remember, entries must be added to the challenge album in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook Group to be eligible for a prize.  The winner will be chosen randomly from the entries and will be announced in the Facebook group.  

For my card, I used the Leaves & Berries stamp from Technique Junkies, which I also used on THIS card the other day.  I had stamped and colored a few of the images, and they were right there in front of me, I just grabbed one.  I love this image because it can be used for any reason, not just Christmas. 

I trimmed the colored image to 3.75" x 5" and cut it into 4 pieces by cutting from corner to corner.  I did the same to a piece of black fun foam.  And then I adhered the fun foam to the back of each piece.  



Next, I cut a piece of red shimmer paper to 4" x 5.25" using a stitched rectangle die and I adhered the 4 pieces to it leaving a small border between each piece.  I also made a top-folding A2 card base using white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of Christmas paper.  The paper is from my stash - Ode to Joy from the Christmas Past Collection/Graphic 45 (circa 2009).  
Then I adhered the image piece to the card base. 


For the center of the card, I stamped one of the sentiments from the Gifts of Christmas set (Technique Junkies) on a piece of white cardstock.  I die-cut it using a circle die.  Then I die-cut a piece of red cardstock using another circle die.  I layered the white on the red, and then on the card front.  

And, lastly, I used a Red Pearl Pen from my stash on each of the berries.  



Done!  I'd love to know what you think of the card.  And I hope you can play along.  Enjoy the rest of your week everyone.  

Until next time.  Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...