Sunday, January 15, 2023

Modern Hanukkah/Chanukah Card with Spellbinders and Technique Junkies

 


Hello everyone and Happy Sunday.  Today is my 2nd Hanukkah/Chanukah card using the Glass Effects (S4-451) die from Spellbinders.  Although it's retired, you can still find it online.  This past Thursday I posted THIS Hanukkah/Chanukah card on my blog and IG in which I used the die with the Team Tie-Dye paper from Honey Bee Stamps.  I only used the inside pieces of the die, not the outer border part.

But I will use it now, for today's card. 



I started by trimming the Glass Effects piece to 4" x 5.25", which I layered on a piece of white cardstock and I adhered a piece of fun foam behind this - to give a raised effect - but you can also use foam tape.  Then I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die for the inside of the card.  And I made a top-folding A2 card using navy cardstock.


I adhered the white cardstock to the inside of the card.  Then I adhered the Glass Effect piece to the card front. 


OK, now the fun part.  Well, for me!  

I stamped the Menorahs Background (Technique Junkies) on a piece of light blue cardstock and then I adhered double-sided tape to the entire back.  I was on the fence, stamp in blue or black?  But blue would make the whole card seem blue.  And I felt the white would be too much of a contrast against all the blue so I went with black on blue.  

Next, I die-cut the image using the Glass Effects die, and then...I patiently adhered each of the pieces to my card front.  

 

Lastly, I die-cut the Happy Hanukkah Die from Paper Trey Ink - 3 times, glued them together, and adhered it to the card front. 



Done!  I decided against using any crystals because I really love that tie-dye border.  I'd love to know what you think.  Below are both cards.  

Which do you like better or are they both awesome?  LOL Let me know by leaving a comment below.  And, if you would like to receive today's card, leave a comment and email me your address to michaeltrent@gmail.com.  The first to do that will get the card later in the year.  

Until next time...hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to use that awesome die. Pretty card. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...