Sunday, September 5, 2021

Sending Sunshine / Sunflower Slimline Card

 


Hello...Hello...hello everyone!  There is a new card challenge blog on the block called The Four Seasons Challenge Blog that my friend Debra told me about. They will be having monthly challenges and the themes will always be an "anything goes theme" based on the season that that month is in.  I love this idea.  

Their first challenge is up and running and it's an Anything Goes Fall theme and will run thru September 25th with winners being announced on the 28th.  Here is the mood board for September.


I decided to make a sunflower slimline card. Sunflowers are my favorite flower and nothing makes me happier than finding a sunflower field to walk thru, which we have many of here in June and July, our Autumn.  

For inspiration, I used this photo of me and one of our dogs, Bella, in a field we found just 2 months ago.  I love the blue sky behind the sunflowers.

I used a stamp/die combo called Sunflowers from Divinity Designs.  I stamped the sunflower image 3 times, then colored them in with some Copic markers, and then I die cut them with the matching die.    


For my background, I grabbed my broken china, peacock feathers, and blueprint sketch distress inks, and a blending brush.  Then I cut a piece of white cardstock, 3.25" x 8.25", and blended my sky starting with broken china on the bottom, then peacock feathers in the center, and blueprint sketch towards the top.  


I wanted the sunflowers to be sitting in some grass so I pulled out my Martha Stewart Grass Edge Punch (older than dirt and retired) and punched a piece of green cardstock which I then adhered to the bottom of the card front.  Then I adhered the 3 sunflower pieces to the card front.



Next, I layered this on to a piece of dark brown cardstock.  Then I made my card base of white cardstock, adhered a piece of orange/brown cardstock to the front.  Then my card base.   

To finish off the card, I stamped the sentiment "Sending Sunshine" from the Cool Tag Banner Sentiments set from Your Next Stamp.  I cut it out using a banner die and then layered this on another banner die a bit larger.  And, finally, some Yellow Stickles (Ranger) on the sunflowers to give shimmer and shine. 

 


The final card.



I know the shimmer of the Stickles is not showing up in the card but, trust me, it's there.  You can see it in the short video below. 
 

I'd love to know what you think of the card.  Do you like to make slimline cards?  And, what's your favorite fall flower? 

Until next time!  Hugs from Brasil. 

~Michael

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty Sunflower card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Beautiful shades of blue for the background, and the shimmery sunflowers are gorgeous. Thank you for joining u first challenge at Four Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely a beautiful sunflower card! I love your background and Sunflowers have always been a favorite of mine! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!
    Glenda FS DT (MagPie's Corner)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Michael! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michael this is awesome! LOVE your sunflower slimline design ... just fabulous! I'm SO HAPPY you have found our new blog and look forward to seeing more of your creations in the future! Awesome inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck!

    Darlene
    THE FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card, as always !! I would love to be sitting in this field of sunflowers right now !!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...