Tuesday, September 21, 2021

International Day of Peace Card with Debra

 


Hello everyone.  My friend Debra of Meticulosity and I talked about collaborating and making cards for fun, interesting and/or strange holidays thru the year.  This is our first collaboration and it's for International Day of Peace.  It's a United Nations holiday and you can read all about it HERE.

The International Day of Peace was established in 1981 by the United Nations General Assembly.  20 years later, in 2001, they unanimously voted to designate today as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, through observing 24 hours of non-violence and cease-fire.  

Deb and I are really posting over on our IG pages, links below, but I wanted to add my post here too for those that are not on Instagram.  

Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

I wanted to make a super simple card.  But I needed a peace sign image.  So I hopped on to Etsy and found THIS floral peace sign digital image. 

To make the card:

  • I made a top-folding A2 card base of white cardstock.  Then I adhered the Narrow Rainbow Washi Tape (Altenew) across the whole card.  Super easy and fast with this tape.
  • I printed my image on white cardstock, colored it with BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers and then I cut it out using one of the dies from Stitched Rectangle Set 1 Dies (Pink & Main).
  • I layered this on to a piece of hot pink cardstock, then on to a piece of fun foam, and then I adhered it to the card front.
  • Lastly, I die cut the word "peace" using the same hot pink cardstock and adhered it under the image. Then I added some Stickles and a crystal to the flowers. 
 

Done!  Fun...simple...for a great day.  I only wish the planet could have a day of peace and non-violence.  Enjoy the rest of your day and try to do something nice for someone today.  Please remember to stop by each of our IG pages too.  

Until next time, hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...