Monday, September 27, 2021

National Coffee Week - Slimline Card - Anthony's Paper Craft

 


Hello everyone.  So it seems there is a lot going on this week related to coffee.  Wednesday, September 29th is National Coffee Day - a celebration of all things coffee in the USA and Canada.  

And then, on Friday, October 1st, is International Coffee Day.  Phew!  

To read all about National Coffee Day and to see 57 deals, discounts, and freebies related to coffee...check out THIS link.  

I wanted to make a quick card and other than waiting for the glossy accents to dry on the cups, this card is very quick to make.

I started by making a 3 5/8" x 8 5/8" slimline card base using Kraft cardstock.   

Then, I die-cut another piece of the Kraft cardstock using the largest stitched die from the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die Set from Pink Fresh Studio.  

Next, I randomly stamped 3 of the cups from the Coffee 2 set from Anthony's Paper Craft with Coffee Archival Ink all over the stitched Kraft piece.   


Using the smaller stitched rectangle die from the same Slim Stitched Rectangle Die Set from Pink Fresh Studio, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock.  I stamped the cup and saucer image using Coffee Archival ink starting in the center and then working out to each side.  Then I stamped each of the flourishes from the Flourishes 1 set from Anthony's Paper Craft.  I loved how these flourish images represent the steam coming off a hot cup of Joe! 


To finish off the card...

I layered this piece on a piece of dark brown cardstock leaving a very small border.  

Then I colored in each of the cups.

I made my sentiment, printed it, die cut it using a stitched banner die and layering it on a piece of dark brown cardstock, which I adhered to the upper right corner.

I adhered this to the card front.  

Lastly, I used Glossy Accents on each of the cups and set the card aside to fully dry.  Using the Glossy Accents gives a ceramic look to each of the cups.


I'd love to know what you think of this idea and card.  Hope you have a great week everyone.  Thanks for stopping by today and, until next time, hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...