Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Lots of Googly Eyes on Skulls Halloween Card

 

Hello everyone!  Halloween will soon be upon us and I love making Halloween cards.  I really miss this holiday.  The Halloween Parade in NYC, the costumes, all the decorations in the stores and on the streets.  But, most of all, I miss Candy Corn.  LOL

I recently found a new card challenge blog called The Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge Blog.  This month's challenge is September Anything Halloween and the mood board, which is below, is perfect for me to use my favorite retired Halloween stamp, Skull Stack by Stampendous.   Even though it's retired I love pulling it out each year.  It's perfect for googly eyes too, much to the dismay of my friend Debra.  


I started by making a top-folding A2 card to which I adhered one of the Halloween papers from the Halloween Market paper from Carta Bella.  Then I stamped the Skulls Stack image on white cardstock, die cut it with a rectangle die, layered it on a piece of black cardstock and then on to the card front.


Then I stamped a sentiment from my stash and cut it out with a banner die.  Layered it on a piece of black cardstock and adhered it to the card front. 


Next, I adhered googly eyes to each of the skulls.  Yes, Debra....sorry!  LOL 

And Orange Stickles by Ranger to the letters.



And...DONE!  Believe it or not, those eyes did not take long to glue down. 



I love shaking the card and seeing all those eyes bouncing around.  Yes...there is a child trapped inside this adult body.  LOL


I'd love to know what you think of this card.  And all those eyes.  Have you made any Halloween cards yet?  Do you make any?  I'd love to know. Until next time...Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael


14 comments:

  1. Hi Michael from NYC! (((waving)))
    I LOVE this card!! I want to make it and with the eyes...I will have to hunt for that stamp on ebay!
    If you seriously miss candy corm let Anna know at the store and she can tell me and I will ship it to you! It is basically indestructible so shipping wont hurt it. LoL
    You are not missing the parade with the pandemic it did not happen. We will see this year
    hugs Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiiiiii Margot! How are you?? Glad you LOVE this card. It's such a great stamp. I think they need to come out with it again. Thanks for your offer but I did get some from a friend and, honestly, the shipping to here would kill you! Hope you are well.

      Delete
  2. OMGosh what a fabulous card and stamp, wowzer, all those eyes, I think they are super great, I love~love this card!! Thank you for joining us at Two Old Bats and keep in mind we are going strong YEAR round enabling you to use your Halloween!!
    Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Diane. Just found you guys and am so happy I did. I love Halloween so I hope to join you more often. So glad you love the card as much as I do.

      Delete
  3. OMG what can I say? This is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! And the fact you took the time to add all those googly eyes makes it all the better! Awesome creation Michael! SO HAPPY YOU FOUND US!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE. Who knows, there might be a prize without reaching that goal! LOL

    Darlene
    TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    P.S. We will be around all year long with a new ATG Halloween challenge each month. Sure hope you drag out more of your oldie but goodie Halloween stash and come join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darlene. Thanks so much for you awesome comments. Glad you love this card too. I just found you guys and will be joining more often. I do love Halloween. And ATCs.

      Delete
  4. MUST OWN THAT STAMP!!!! I love those googly eyes so so much!

    Thanks so much for joining us in the fun at www.twooldbatshalloweenchallenge.blogspot.com

    -- Dalis
    www.stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find this stamp. It's awesome. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Glad you love the card and hope to join you guys again soon.

      Delete
    2. Still no luck, but I am still looking. LOL!!!

      -- Dalis

      Delete
  5. Looking high and low for the stamp.... no luck YET! LOL!!!

    -- DAlis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, this one jumped out at me in the 2 Old Bats gallery links! What an absolutely FUN Halloween card with all those googly eyes! They're sure to add lots of smiles to the lucky recipient too! Thhose shiny letters on the sentiment look great too! NJ! (waving from PA)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Carol. Glad you love this card too. I love PA!! Miss the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...