Yes It's A Holiday Collab with Debra and Lori | National Coloring Book Day | 1 Page = 4 Cards
Hello everyone, and welcome to a new Yes It's A Holiday, or Yes, It Is A Holiday collab with my Instagram buddies - Debra and Lori. Today, August 2nd, we are helping to celebrate National Coloring Book Day, a day that celebrates the stress-relief and meditative benefits of coloring - for both adults and children.
To read more about today's holiday, just click HERE.
A few months ago, I bought the Abstract Zentangle Coloring Book from Circa Sassy on Etsy. It has 256 pages to color. And because it's digital, you can print a page whenever you want, on any type of paper you want. If you don't have any coloring books or coloring pages to use, you can do a search on Google for "free coloring pages" and you will find a lot of options.
The main reason I love this abstract coloring book is that you can print a page, color the whole page, and make 4 cards. Let me show you...
This is how I made these cards:
- I printed one of the pages from the abstract coloring book.
- I colored in the page using markers in my stash. It took a few days and I worked in sections.
Now I needed to figure out how to turn this into a few cards.
Card No. 1
For this card, I used the Slimline Fractured Cover Plate Die from The Ton on a black card base. I love that the colors really pop off the black cardstock but I also think white cardstock would have looked just as cool.
Card No. 2
For this card, I used a set of nesting stitched rectangle dies to cut the 4 layers of my image. Then I used the same 4 dies to cut several pieces of black fun foam. I built this "reverse pyramid" by starting with the center section and building up to the most outer layer by gluing layers of black fun foam on top of each other. Then I added one of the Tim Holtz Quotes to the center.
Card No. 3
Using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, I die-cut the only other corner left. Then I adhered a piece of fun foam to the back, and then to the card front. All I needed was a sentiment so I added one of the Tim Holtz Quote Chips to the front, and a piece of white cardstock to the inside for a message.
Card No. 4
All I really have left is a small strip from the original colored page. In that strip is what could be rays of the sun, and I had the perfect quote chip to use. I trimmed the piece to 2 5/8" x 7 5/8", adhered a piece of fun foam to the back, then to the card front. Then I adhered the Tim Holtz Quote Chip that says "shine brightly".
I hope you have enjoyed these card ideas after coloring a full page. To see what Debra and Lori have made for today's holiday, please check out their Instagram accounts, links to which are below.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and, until next time...
Hugs from Brasil.
~Michael

Comments
Post a Comment