Sunday, March 24, 2024

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

 


Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making them.  I've also missed Debra and Lisa, my other Crafty Elves and I decided to join them this month for the March 2023 Crafty Elves Countdown to Chrismas.  

And, I have a theme - Christmas Fishes.  

I've always wanted to make a "Christmas Fishes" type of card and the other day while organizing my Technique Junkies stamps, I found 2 fish stamps and decided to finally get this idea off my bucket list. LOL 

Christmas Fishes Card

  • I stamped Fancy Fish from Technique Junkies on a piece of white cardstock using Sea Glass, Blue Lagoon, and Blue Raspberry ink cubes from Gina K Designs.  I tapped Sea Glass first, then some Blue Lagoon, and then I used Blue Raspberry around the edges.  
  • I made an A2 card, adhered some striped Christmas paper to the card front, then my stamped image to a piece of red cardstock, and then to the card front.
  • I decided not to color the fish so that the Santa Hats would pop more.
  • Using scraps of red cardstock and scraps of white glittered cardstock, I die-cut a bunch of Santa hats using dies I picked up here in Brasil, and adhered one to each fish.  
  • I made my Christmas Fishes sentiment on the computer, printed it on white cardstock, die-cut it using a banner die, and adhered the 2 words to my card front. 
  • Lastly, just to annoy Debra and to add a bit more quirk to an already quirky card, I added a googly eye on each fish. 
I hope you have enjoyed this card and I really hope you will find time to visit the other Crafty Elves and see what they made.  All of our social media links are below.  

Michael - World of Michael Trent

Debra - Meticulosity

Lisa - Life of a BZ Scrapper

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I would love to know what you think of this card idea - leave a comment below and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I think no one could do “Christmas Fishes” better than you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Christmas fishes!! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combo! Love the fish with the fun Santa hats!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...