Thursday, March 14, 2024

Happy (Pizza) Pi Day | Sketch Challenge 19 with Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspriation


Hello everyone and Happy Pi Day.  For many, Pi means 3.14 or 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197.  But, for crazy cardmakers like me, it means making a card with a pie or, in my case, a pizza pie.    

So, today I want to share two quick and crazy "pizza" Pi cards I made to help celebrate Pi Day.  I made these cards using a card sketch from Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspiration on Facebook for Sketch Challenge 19.   

Here's the sketch we have to use.

To make these cards I used 3 digital products from 2 different stores on Etsy - digital pizza paper and digital pizza clipart - both from  Pretty Grafik Design and a digital pizza box template from Your Mini Designer.   

Following the sketch, above, I adhered a piece of red cardstock to the front of my A2 card bases.  Then I printed one of the papers from the digital pizza paper collection, die-cut it using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die, and adhered this to the red cardstock.  Then I adhered a strip down the center and another of the digital papers.  



For the first card, I printed the pizza Pi (pie) from the clipart collection several times, die-cut them with a circle die, glued them together and adhered them to the card front on a red plate cut from cardstock.  I typed up the Happy Pi Day sentiment, printed, die-cut, layered and adhered to the card front also. 


For my 2nd card, I printed one of the digital pizza templates, cut it out, put it together, and adhered it to the card front.  Then I used one of the pizzas I printed, added a piece of fun foam behind it, and adhered it to the inside of the box.  Lastly, I typed up the Happy Pi Day sentiment, printed it out, die-cut it with a stitched rectangle die, and adhered this to the inside of the card. 




And my 2 quirky Pi Day cards are finished.  I love them both but I really love the pizza box and how the card has the 3D element on the front.  Do you have a fav?  Let me know below in the comments.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and, until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...