Friday, April 14, 2023

Yes, It's A Holiday | Look Up At The Sky Day | Rainbow Card

 


Hello everyone and welcome to a new Yes, It's A Holiday collaboration with my friends Debra (@djdavison814) and Lori (@mamakobs), and today we are celebrating National Look Up At The Sky Day!

According to National Today, the history behind today's holiday is vague.  Some believe it started in honor of Jack Borden, a former Boston newsman who quit his day job after looking at the sky for what he considered to be the first time.  He wanted others to see what he saw that day and founded For Spacious Skies, a nonprofit in the 1980s.  Interesting...there is much more about today's holiday and you can read all about it HERE.

I have to be honest, I had issues coming up with an idea for today's holiday.  I was thinking clouds...then a night sky...then astronauts...balloons...but my brain was just going in circles.  I decided to see if Google had any good "look up at the sky quotes" and one, in particular, jumped off the page.    

The quote was 

"Look up to the sky.
You'll never find rainbows if you're looking down."
~Charlie Chaplin. 

I knew I had to use it on the card. 


I went thru my paper stash looking for a good paper with rainbows on it.  I found 2 sheets from a Brasilian company called Scrap Goodies.  Sadly, this line has been discontinued. Then I made my slimline card base, 3 5/8" x 8 5/8" using white cardstock and I used a stitched slimline rectangle die to cut a piece of pink cardstock that I adhered to the card front. 


From the top of one of the sheets, I cut a piece 3.25" x 8.25", adhered it to a piece of fun foam, and then to the card front. 


Next, I fussy cut the same rainbow I used on my card front from the 2nd sheet of paper, added some foam tape behind it, and adhered it to the card front on top of the other rainbow.  I also typed up the quote on the computer, printed it on white cardstock, adhered it to a banner die, and adhered that to the card front.  And, lastly, I added some Frosted Lace Stickles around the clouds attached to the rainbow.



And here is the final card.  



I'm really happy with this card idea and plan on using the other rainbows and clouds from the papers on other projects.  Don't forget to check out what Debra and Lori made - over on their Instagram pages.  Links to all of our Instagram pages are below.  

Lori - @mamakobs

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!!  As much as I would love to go outside and look up at the sky, it's pouring.  So, please, go look up at the sky for me!  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...