Saturday, April 15, 2023

| QKR Stampede "Anything Goes" Card Challenge | Birthday Card | Design Team Project |

 


Hello hello hello everyone!  I hope y'all are doing great.  Today I am sharing my Design Team project for the QKR Stampede Blog.  On the 1st and 15th of each month, QKR has an "Anything Goes" card challenge.  You can use one of their images - or not.  But, you can also win free digi images from them if your card is one of the winners.  Not bad!

Quick note: The QKR and Eureka brands have been sold and, at this time, are not available to purchase.  Once the new owner has her store up and running, I will update any images used here with current links.  So, check back if you love these images!  

For my project, I made a birthday card using the Happy Birthday with Balloons digital stamp from Eureka! Stamps (link will be updated soon). 

I printed the Happy Birthday with Balloons image on white cardstock in the size I wanted, which I then die-cut using a 3.75" x 5" stitched rectangle die from Pink & Main.  Next, I colored the image using a mixture of ultra fine-tip BIC Intensity Markers and a few alcohol markers from GRAF.


I made a top-folding A2 card using white cardstock and I layered my image on a piece of dark pink cardstock measuring 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" - just to give some contrast between the image and my background paper.  I also printed one of the papers from the Birthday Digital Paper from The Digi Rainbow on Etsy and die-cut a piece using a 4.25" x 5.5" stitched rectangle die from Pink & Main.


I adhered the digital paper I printed to my card front using double-sided tape.  Then I cut a piece of fun foam and adhered this to the back of the dark pink cardstock and then to the card front. 


To finish off the card - AND THIS IS TOTALLY OPTIONAL - I added Diamond Glaze on the balloons and set it aside to fully dry.  I love the shiny, glassy look of the balloons but, without the glaze, the card still rocks, and anyone you send it to will love it.  I promise!  




Here is the final card with the Diamond Glaze fully dry and waiting to be mailed off to someone.  


I hope you can find the time to check out what the Design Team has made and, remember, if you make and upload a card to the challenge, you might win some FREE digi stamps.  All the info is over on the QKR Stampede Challenge Blog.  Hope to see your creations over there.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and, as always....until next time....

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Michael! Love this design and your coloring is amazing. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...