Friday, April 28, 2023

Equality For All Pride 2023 Makers Collaboration | Gay Pride 2023 | Love Wins

 


[If you are a maker who would like to join us for this Pride collab or, maybe, one of our Equality For All collabs, or be a Sponsor - just reach out to either myself or Misty.  The more voices, the louder the message.]

Welcome to Week 2 of the Equality For All / Pride 2023 Makers Collaboration with Misty aka The Jolly Fat Elf.  


I wanted to make two cards showing gay couples off to the Pride parade in the big city.  The idea was to use both of the Stamp Anniething stamps and dies that Misty sent me several weeks ago.  Sadly, the male couple stamp has decided to play hide and seek with me and will have to be used when I find it.  

Let me introduce you to Margaret and Angela.  They live in a small town surrounded by 3 rivers and a lot of nature.  Margaret is an art teacher in her local high school helping her students get in touch with their inner artist.  She is also on the school board and fights hard for all of the LGBTQIA+ students in the town.  Angela owns her own bakery in town where she makes the most delicious pastries and has a large selection of coffees from around the world.  The line on Saturday mornings is insane!  She is on the City Council and fights hard to make sure that the voices and concerns of the LGBTQIA+ community are heard. 

And, once a year, they take a long weekend and head to the big city to walk in the Pride parade.  

Nice story.  Right?  Well, I wanted to make a card to help them celebrate...and this is how I made it.

I started by making a top-folding A2 card using white cardstock.  Then I printed one of the Rainbow Digital Papers from Best Graphics Online on Etsy and adhered it to my card front.  I also die-cut a piece of watercolor paper using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die.  

I stamped Margaret and Angela  - Always By Your Side on a piece of white cardstock and colored it using some CIS Graf and Copic markers.  Then I die-cut the image using the matching Margaret and Angela Outline Die.  I love to color but don't have enough markers to do good color blending.  Especially for skin tones and hair.  But, I think I did okay.  

I used Jet Black Archival ink to stamp City Watercolors from Technique Junkies on the watercolor paper. And then, I used some small ink cubes from Gina K Designs, a water brush, and a clear block, to add some color to the Cityscape.  I smooshed some Powder Blue ink onto a clear block and then used a water brush to pick up some of the ink for the sky.  Next, I used Slate for the buildings.  And then Lemon Drop for the street light and some of the windows in the buildings to add some color.  



I adhered a piece of fun foam behind the watercolor paper and then to the card front.  Before I add the girls, I stamped the "always by your side" sentiment that came with the stamp set.  Then I added the girls.  I wanted to add them in the center but the top of the building looked like it was coming out of her head.  

And, to finish the card off, I added some stickles as eyeliner, to the shoes, and to the belts on each of the girls.  To be honest, I colored the right image very masc.  I think the yellow shirt should have been pink.  So I added glitter to gay it up.  LOL



Below is Misty's card, which she has over on her YouTube Channel.  I love what she did with Alec, another Stamp Anniething stamp.  Just click HERE to be taken to the video, which is over on the Stamp Anniething YouTube Channel.  


Hope you guys love these cards as much as we loved making them.  We'd love to have you follow us over on our social media pages, links are all below if you want to check us out.  

Me - World of Michael Trent

Misty - The Jolly Fat Elf

I'd love to know what think of our cards.  Please, leave a comment below.  Let's chat.  And, if you want to join us, just reach out.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...