Friday, April 21, 2023

Pride Collab 2023 with The Jolly Fat Elf | Equality For All | Gay Pride | Love Wins

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the Pride 2023 Makers Collaboration that I am doing with Misty a/k/a The Jolly Fat Elf.  We already started an "Equality For All" Makers Collaboration in the past and, since June is Gay Pride Month, we are hoping to post a card every Friday thru the end of June (Gay Pride Month) but, that's actually 11 weeks and that means that we have a lot of work ahead of us. 

Let's see what happens.  Links to Misty's social media pages to see her cards are at the end of this post.  

As an out and proud gay man - I am extremely supportive of the WHOLE LGBTQIA+ community.  I don't care what letter you use.  I may not fully understand every letter but I believe that you should be allowed to be whatever letter you want to be.  And I am really angry over what is happening in the USA with regard to LGBT rights!  We've come so far and now, because of some ass-backward uneducated "conservatives", the USA is going back in time.  As if these "conservatives" are not guilty of so much!

I also believe in "Equality For All".  I do not feel that anyone has the right to discriminate against another person for who they are, their skin color, what religion they practice, or what letter of the LGBT community they are.  If you don't like a person, don't talk to them.  Don't go to their church.  Don't go grab a beer in their gay bar.  Just be a decent human being!  Dammit!  

And Misty believes what I do.  She's not gay but she is a huge ally and supporter and a huge thank you to all of those that support our views.  

***Before I get to my first cards if YOU want to join us in either our "Gay Pride" Makers Collaboration or in a future "Equality For All" Makers Collaboration, leave a comment below, join our Facebook Group, or email me.  

We would love as many people and/or sponsors to join us.  Come help us spread the word and, if you are a sponsor, your products!    Our goal is to spark conversation and change. Our crafting community has done a poor job of creating products that exemplify diversity. If you are a brand that does and would like to work with us, please reach out to either Michael or me.  

For my first week, I made 2 cards using the rainbow and "love wins" theme.  

The first thing I was to print these Rainbow Brush Strokes, twite, on a piece of white cardstock, which I then die-cut using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die.  Then I cut two pieces of white fun foam to fit under them and I made two top-folding A2 cards using white cardstock.  



Next, using the Love Wins stamp set from Reverse Confetti, which was a surprise gift from Misty, I stamped and colored the rainbow / Love Wins image.  Then I used the Love Wins matching dies to cut the outline of the main image using white fun foam, and the word Love and all the hearts using red glitter fun foam.

Now, although Reverse Confetti is sadly, out of biz, the stamps and dies are still available at Frantic Stamper and Ellen Hutson.  

Then I put the card together, finishing the card off with a small white glitter heart in the center of the letter "O".


For my 2nd card, I went super simple.  I used one of the LGBT/Pride stickers that I had gotten from Ali Express weeks ago and, if you are curious, you can check out that video HERE.  I adhered it to a piece of white cardstock, fussy cut the sticker, and adhered it to the card front using foam tape.  

Then I die-cut the hearts from the Love Wins die set, as in the card above, using red and white glitter fun foam.  Then I adhered these to the card front.  


And there you have them!  Done!  Hope you guys love these as much as I seem to.  Don't forget to check out what Misty did. You can check out everything over on our social media links, which are below, and Misty also has a video over on the Stamp Anniething YouTube Channel.   

All of our social media pages are below if you would like to follow us.  

Me - World of Michael Trent

Misty - The Jolly Fat Elf

I'd love to know what you think of these cards.  Leave a comment below, if you could.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

1 comment:

  1. As a FOG (family/friend of gays) my whole life, I have to say I can't even imagine a world without the community. Maybe we can share products that work...I will start with The Ink Road and the stamp sets Born this Gay, Bride and Grooms, and LGBTQIA for straight forward sentiments. For my second category-"could work" I am a little loathe but will share- because certain individuals can't conceive of two same sex people holding hands or whatever and NOT being gay which kicked off this huge protest of a child's book because the street scene. The stunning ignorance there....as if siblings, friends, cousins, parent/adult child...all kinds of combos would not do that. To my delight and the author's-it kicked up sales quite a lot. heh heh. So I don't want to see these companies get boycotted or whatever. Picket Fence Pain in my ass for the silhouettes and Colorado Craft Lovey legs best life for two older men sitting a bench as I have had older gay couple friends-sadly all gone now.. I am happy to be seeing more women of color (where are the men?), and physically challenged people (though so far only children mostly). We are inching forward!! I would just say though I do know gays who don't feel the need to have a themed card-they are happy with generic sentiments. They are not in the closet, but they are also not very overt about it. Same way I know people who don't want pet death sympathy cards. So just know your audience when sending cards. It is very sad to me that people who claim the bible as their life guide are preaching all this hate. Judge not lest thee be judged! There is a very high level of hypocrisy going on over there in many ways, especially politically. And bald faced lying is totally acceptable now. ugh. I have to get off the soapbox or I will rant all day and I am only on break from a card organization 3 day summit.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...