Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - April 2023 Edition

 


Hello everyone and welcome, once again, to a new Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  If this is your first time here, on the 25th of each month, the Crafty Elves [me, Debra of Meticulosity, Lisa of Life of a BZ Scrapper, and Misty of The Jolly Fat Elf] each share at least 1-holiday card idea.  We believe that if you make your holiday cards all year round, you won't be scrambling or stressing come November. 

Links to the other Crafty Elves' cards can be found at the end of this post.  Misty took this month off but she'll be back with us next month.  We hope. 

I have had the Santa's Clothesline die from Cottage Cutz - in my stash for some time now and I finally decided to use it by making a Mini Slimline.  I've never made one before but I thought it would be the perfect size for the clothesline.  Although the die is retired, you can still find it online in some stores.

I made my card base using red cardstock - 7" x 6" and scored in half on the 7" side.  I also cut a piece of white cardstock, 5.75" x 3.25".

I wanted some snow falling - since it's probably snowing up in the North Pole as Mrs. Claus is hanging Santa's clothes on the line.  I used some modeling paste with the Dylusions Snowflake Stencil on the piece of white cardstock and set it aside to dry.    

While it was drying, I die-cut the pieces of the Santa's Clothesline die using different colors of cardstock.

Once the paste was dry, I adhered the clothesline to the card front and also glued together the various pieces of clothing. 

I adhered all the pieces to the card front, on the clothesline, using the small brown clothespins. 

I adhered a piece of fun foam to the back and then I adhered this piece to my card front.  To finish off the card, I adhered a clear crystal to each of the bows, 3 red crystals to the card front, and some Frosted Lace Stickles to Santa's shorts.


Done!  It's more work than usual but I loved making this card.  I think I want to do it again but as a larger slimline, with more clothes, and a sentiment on the front.  Maybe in the future.  

Don't forget to check out what the other Crafty Elves have made this month.  You can find Lisa's card HERE and Debra's card HERE.  Misty has taken this month off.  I'd love to know what you think of this card.  Do you own this die?  Have you made a card using this die?  Let me know.  

Until next time, keep creating and hugs from Brasil!

~Michael 

2 comments:

  1. Fun card! That's a lot of tiny pieces to assemble, but it is adorable! Love the textured snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Santa suit on the clothes line! Lots of fiddly bits but so worth it! Great card Michael!

    ReplyDelete

[PORTUGUESE] Álbum de Menino Usando Minni-Sota do Your Book of Memories e Papéis da Arte Fácil Artesanato

  Ola pessoal! Hoje vou compartilhar um álbum que fiz para um menino usando o tutorial Minni-Sota Album do Your Book of Memories . Adorei a...