Sunday, April 25, 2021

The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas April 2021 Edition

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the April 2021 Edition of The Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  If this is your first time here, the Crafty Elves (Debra of "Meticulosity", Lisa of "Life of BZscrapper", and myself) make 4 Christmas/Holiday cards per month and post them to our blogs on the 25th of each month.  And, this month, we have a Special Guest Crafty Elf - Vanessa Osbourn - and she has an amazing card over on her IG page. 

And, since there is an amazing Spring into Christmas 2021 {BYSHC} Hop happening, these cards will also be entered there.  


    
Now...on to my cards for the month.  

Card No. 1


I found this Happy Hanukkah Script die in my stash and realized that I have not made a Hanukkah card in a few months and I decided to make one.  If you need to make cards for Hanukkah/Chanukah, this card is super easy to make.  All you need is dark blue paper, decorative paper, and the die!

  • I started by making a top folding A2 card from white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of dark blue cardstock.
  • I printed one of the designs from the Hanukkah Digital Paper from AMB Illustrations on Etsy and then I used a stitched rectangle die to cut it out.
  • In order to get the inlay, I placed the Happy Hanukkah Scrip die from Pretty Pink Posh where I wanted them on the decorative paper and ran it thru my die cutting machine.  I removed the die cut words, keeping all the small inlay pieces, and adhered the decorative paper to my card front.  
  • Next, I die cut the Happy Hanukkah Script die again but from the dark blue cardstock, adhering the letters into the front of the card and, where there was a cutout in the letter, I used the decorative paper piece. 
  • Lastly, I adhered a few dark blue and clear crystals to the card front.

 
Card No. 2 
 
 
For this card I used a new Christmas digi stamp I recently found on Etsy from the seller Babycakesdnd.  I just fell in love with this Elf on Lockdown digi stamp. 
  • I made a top-folding A2 card from white cardstock.
  • I printed two of the Elf image on to white cardstock and I printed one of the designs from the digital version of Hello Christmas paper pad from Carta Bella. I went with the light blue background with snowflakes.
  • Using Stitched Rectangles Set 1 Dies from Pink & Main, I used the largest to cut a piece of the decorative paper, which I adhered to my card front, and the next die down to cut out one of the elf images, which I adhered to a piece of fun foam and then to the card front.   
  • I colored the image using BIC Intensity Markers.
  • Then I decided I wanted some 3D so I colored the 2nd elf and the can of Lysal, fussy cut them and adhered them using foam tape.
  • Lastly, I stamped my sentiment, cut each of the words out and adhered with some foam tape and then I added some Stickles by Ranger to the image in some places.

 
Card No. 3


Christmas would not be Christmas without an ugly sweater card.  I have used this set before but never for a slimline card.  The bigger the card means more ugly sweaters!  

  • I made a top folding slimline card base from white cardstock to which I adhered Christmas decorative paper. 
  • Using one of the Slimline Stitched Rectangle dies from Pink Fresh Studio, I cut a piece of white cardstock.  
  • I used the Ugly Sweater Stamp set from Your Next Stamp to stamp a sentiment in the center and then the sweaters around the sentiment.  (I am going to stamp them again on decorative paper and adhere to the card front).
  • Next, I went thru my stash of paper and pulled out an old paper pad called Jingle by Lily Bee Design.  I stamped the sweaters on several of the pages, fussy cut them, and then I adhered them to the card front.
  • I then stamped the smaller images, colored them and then used the matching Ugly Sweater Die set to cut them out.  I adhered them to some of the sweater fronts. 
  • Lastly, I glued some crystals to the wreath and then used Stickles on the sweaters and the reindeer's nose and antlers.


Card No. 4


The other day I was on Etsy looking for some new Christmas/Holiday images and I came across a new store called Kinda Cute By Patricia and then I found THIS image of a snow couple in love and I had to have it!  I also wanted them to be in front of a night sky and I had in my stash this paper that I made years ago.  So I scanned it and printed it to use and had enough to make 2 cards - one vertical and one horizontal.
  • I started by making my top folding A2 card bases from white cardstock.
  • I printed the night sky background and used a stitched rectangle die to cut two backgrounds.
  • Using a scrap piece of white cardstock, I ripped along the edge to get a snowy look and adhered them to my card front trimming off any excess.
  • I printed the snow couple in the size I needed and had my Scan N Cut cut the image out.  Then I colored them with some markers and adhered them to the card front.  On the vertical card, I put some foam tape on the back to raise them up off the card front.  
  • I die cut the small star I had in my stash using silver glitter paper, adhered it and then stamped the sentiment.


I'd love to know if you have a favorite card.  I love them all this month and can't really pick a fav.  Have you started your holiday cards yet?  

Please remember to check out the other Crafty Elves to see what they have made for this month.  And don't forget our Special Guest Crafty Elf - Vanessa - to check out her card (it's quite beautiful).  

Debra's Blog - Meticulosity
Debra's IG Page - djdavison814

Lisa's Blog - Life of a BZscrapper
Lisa's IG Page - bzscrapper

My IG Page - worldofmichaeltrent

Vanessa's IG Page - vclaireo

Until next time...hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

9 comments:

  1. OH don't make me pick a fave...I love them all. Great cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! The elf and the ugly sweater cards are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards, Michael. Love the slimline ugly sweater card; so funny. And that poor elf!! That's hysterical - and adorable. And I love snowmen - what a cute image & sweet cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards to add to your stash! I love the last cards with those adorable snowmen! What a sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh... so many fabulous cards, Michael! I just love them all... can't possibly pick a fave! You should link these up in our Spring into Christmas 2021 {BYSHC} Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful blog Michael
    All these cards are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards. I like the ones with the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael, I love all of your cards but especially like the slimline sweater card but I also love the idea of scanning and printing favorite backgrounds! Such an amazing idea I hadn't thought of!! Thanks for the shout out on your blog and Instagram posts this month! I enjoyed being a Crafty Elf guest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tee hee! So fun! That jar... love it! And those snowpeople... so sweet!! All wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...