Sunday, April 18, 2021

Paper Crafters Unite Against Racism


Hello everyone.  There is a huge Instagram hop happening today called Paper Crafters Unite Against Racism. Although I am not taking part in it (my own fault for not signing up in time), I wanted to show my support with the Paper Crafting community.

Racism in the USA and the world is out of control and really needs to be talked about.  No one is born racist. It comes from our upbringing.  I was taught to love people.  The color of their skin or where they were from was not important.  What was important was who the person was.  

We just need to talk to each other.  Start a dialogue. Educate ourselves.  Attend protests, if possible.  Try to be part of the change!

Anyway, at the end of this post is a screenshot of the crafters taking part in the hop if you want to stop by some or all of their Instagram pages to show support. 


For my card - I recently saw a quote that moved me.  "The heart never knows the colour of the skin." By Chief Dan George.  It stayed with me because it's so true.  No matter the color of your skin, we also all bleed the same color.  So I decided to use this quote with a heart stamp set I own. 

I started with a top folding A2 card base of black cardstock.  I wanted a black and white base to this card with a bit of color.    Then I cut two piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die that measures 4" x 5.25".  One I adhered to the inside of the card base.


Using the other stitched rectangle white cardstock, I stamped 8 of the 9 hearts from the Hearts, Set of 9 stamp set from Technique Junkies.  I was able to stamp all 8 at the same time using my Misti.



I colored in the hearts using a variety of Tombow markers, added a variety of Stickles on each heart, and set it aside to dry.




While it was drying, I typed up the quote from Chief Dan George in Pages, printed it on white cardstock, die cut it using a stitched rectangle die, and then layered it on a piece of black cardstock with a tiny border.
 

Lastly, I adhered the colored image to the card front and then adhered the quote using foam tape.  


Done!  I hope you can take the time to check out the other paper crafters taking part in the hop.  

I'd love to know what you think of the card and, more than anything, I thank you for stopping by my blog today. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and, until next time -

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael  

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...