Thursday, April 15, 2021

Mother's Day Card with Anthony's Paper Craft and Impression Obsession

 

Hello everyone.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Today I have my card for the Anthony's Paper Craft April Design Team project.  We are focusing on Mother's Day cards and the idea for this card has been festering in my head for some time now.

I started by stamping the flowers from Flower Garden two times on white cardstock.  I then fussy cut one of the images in full and then fussy cut just parts of the flowers from the second image.



Then I colored the flowers using a variety of fine tip Sharpie markers.  I colored the whole bunch of flowers first and when I colored the single parts, I changed some of the colors.

Next I used some dies from Impression Obsession to cut all of my die cut pieces.  First I die cut the Wheelbarrow die with Mirri Silver Cardstock.  Then I went back and used Mirri Black Cardstock for the wheel and handles and Mirri Red Cardstock for the "barrow" part.

I also die cut the Fancy Cutout Border from white and kraft cardstock because I did not know which I wanted to use.  And the Small Grass Border die using green cardstock.

 


I put the wheelbarrow together by gluing the red and black pieces to the silver piece and trimming off any excess that needed to be trimmed.


Then I started to build my card front.  I adhered two of the kraft colored Fancy Borders to the right side of the card and trimmed off any excess.  Yes, I totally lifted this from Kittie Caracciolo.Then I adhered the grass to the bottom of the card trimming off any excess.
 

The last few things I did - I adhered the wheelbarrow and the flowers to the card front.  Then I adhered the smaller fussy cut flower pieces to the main image using pop dots.  Because Anthony doesn't have a Mother's Day sentiment (yet), I found a small one in my stash and I stamped it on the upper left hand corner.


Lastly, some Stickles (Ranger) to the flowers to give some more shimmer and shine.  
 

Done!  I hope you enjoyed this card.  I'd love to know what you think.  Have you started your Mother's Day cards yet?  

Until next time - Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...