Thursday, April 15, 2021

Did You Know That April is National Letter Writing Month

 

 

Did you know that April is National Letter Writing Month (NLWM)?  It is.  Really.  Trust me!  You can read all about National Letter Writing Month - the history, how you can participate, what you can do...all by clicking HERE.  You can also do a search for "National Letter Writing Month" and you will get lots of links and ideas. 

Even though the postal service here is horrible, I wanted to make some cards and promote NLWM. My friends Debra and Celeste also did a post about NLWM and snail mail.  Just click on their names to go over to their blog posts. 

It's also the start of a new 10-Day Coloring Challenge with TheDailyMarker.com and, since I have been up since 5am coloring these images, perfect timing! 


So...my cards...I used Scene It Snails from Bugaboo Stamps.  I printed 4 on a piece of A4 white cardstock.  Then I used a stitched rectangle die to cut 3 of them out leaving the 4th to be fussy cut.  

I made 3 top-folding A2 card bases from white cardstock.  Then I stamped the Sophisticated Shells background stamp (Create A Smile Stamps) on white cardstock in 3 different colors.  I used Amalgam Jet Black, Tangerine Twist, and Passionate Pink (all from Gina K Designs).  Then I cut them out using another stitched rectangle die.  I love how the shell background goes well with the shell of the snails.

Then I colored the images using a variety of Sharpie and BIC makers.  I think I might have gone too bright but, well, they are done!  And I was working early in the morn.  LOL

To finish off my first card - I layered the snail panel on to a piece of orange cardstock to match the ink.  Then I adhered it to the card front using foam tape.  I die cut a "hello" die from my stash in orange and black cardstock and adhered them under the image with the black offset under the orange.  Then some Glossy Accents on the eyes and the small dots in the center snail. 


To finish off my second card - I layered the snail panel on to a piece of pink cardstock to match the ink.  Then I adhered it to the card front using foam tape.  I stamped the "hello friend" under the image in black, added some Glossy Accents on the eyes, and finished off the card some some Stickles from Ranger on various parts of the images.    


To finish off my my last card - I colored the 4th piece, fussy cut the 3 snails and the flower and leaves and adhered them to the snail panel with foam tape.  Then I layered the snail panel on to a piece of black cardstock to match the ink, and adhered it to the card front using foam tape.  I used some fun washi tape from my stash under the snails  and then added some Glossy Accents on the eyes and a Wink of Stella Clear Brush pen on the images to give some shimmer. 

I hope you enjoyed these 3 card ideas.  I loved coloring early in the morn with some hot coffee on the veranda.  Good way to start the day!  Do you have a favorite?  I am partial to the last card with the fun washi tape.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe.  Until next time!

Hugs from Brasil. 

~Michael

1 comment:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...