Thursday, November 26, 2020

Snowball Stand Holiday Card

 


Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving.  I am in a group on Facebook called "Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Group" in which there is a sketch challenge taking place.  I decided to participate using the Snowball Stand image from Anthony's Paper Craft.  This stamp is not available to purchase yet but is free during his Black Friday sale and you can find the details at the end of this post.

The sketch we had to use when making our card is below. 


For my card base, I decided to make a 6" square card using red cardstock.  Then I cut a piece of decorative paper I had in my stash to 5.75" x 5.75".  I adhered the decorative paper to a piece of black fun foam and then to my card front.

Then I stamped the Snowball Stand image on to white cardstock and cut it out using the largest die in the Petite Ovals Large Nestabilities set (S4-138).  I also die cut a piece of red cardstock using the largest die in the Petite Scalloped Ovals Large set (S4-139).  Even though these oval dies are no longer available, there are so many other oval dies on the market that you can use to recreate this card if you wanted to. 

For my sentiment, I die cut the two largest of the Stitched Fishtail Banner dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  The largest out of red cardstock and the next size down out of white cardstock, for my sentiment. 


Using a stamp positioner, I stamped my sentiment, "Celebrate the Season", from the Christmas Sentiments 1 set from Anthony's Paper Craft.  Instead of stamping across, I stamped each word so they were on top of each other to fit the banner die.  I also colored in the image and adhered it to the red cardstock.



Next, I adhered the sentiment to the card front using wet glue and then I adhered the image using foam tape to raise it up a bit.




I wanted to adhere a snowflake to the bottom right of the oval to keep in line with the sketch so I went thru my stash of dies and found one from Memory Box called Snow Burst.  I die cut them from glittered fun foam and then adhered them to the card front.



The last things I did to finish off the card was to add Frosted Lace Stickles to the snowballs and snow bank and to add some Glossy Accents to the Tips jar to give a glass look.



Done.  I really like the card.  What do you guys think?

If you like this image, you can get it for FREE during the Black Friday Sale over on Anthony's Paper Craft.  All the stamps are 25% off and if you order $30 or more, this stamp set will automatically be added to your order for FREE.  And, if you spend $50 or more, you will get the stamp set for free AND you will get FREE shipping if you live in the USA.  Great deal.  

Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone and the long weekend.  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...