Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Crafty Elves' Countdown To Christmas - November 2020 Edition

 


Hello everyone and welcome to the November 2020 Edition of the Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas that I do each month, on the 25th, with some other Crafty Elves -


Each month we bring you 4 ideas for Christmas/Holiday cards with the idea that, by the end of the year, you will have enough to send out to those that deserve to receive a handmade card.  Links to a more detailed step by step for each card is at the end of this post.      

Card No. 1


The idea for this card has been floating around in my head for at least 2 years.  I am terrible at putting things back where they belong so when I would find the snowmen stamps, I would not be able to find the dies.  Then I would find the dies but not the stamps.  LOL

  • I started by making a top-folding slimline card, 4.24" x 8.75" to which I aligned dotted line washi tape along the bottom.
  • I die cut the Citiscape Die (Memory Box) 4 times - 2 times with black cardstock and 2 times with gray cardstock. I adhered yellow washi tape to the back of the gray cityscape pieces and then I adhered them to the black, offsetting just a bit to get a shadow effect.  Then I adhered the Cityscape along the bottom on top of the washi tape.
  • I stamped my sentiments (Snow Way from Unity Stamp/Susan Weckesser and Sending Christmas Blessing from Unity Stamp) so that they were stamped before all the pieces were adhered to the card.
  • I stamped the snowmen from the Snow Way set (Unity Stamp/Susan Weckesser), colored them in and fussy cut them out.
  • I die cut the Double Decker Bus (Memory Box) from red, black, and silver cardstock.  
  • I adhered each of the snowmen as if they were inside the bus and then I adhered the bus to the card front using foam tape. 
  • Lastly, I stamped the snowflake from the Snow Way set and I added some Stickles to the snowmen as well as a tiny crystal in the center of each snowflake. 
It's a bit of work but worth it in the end. 

Card No. 2

Some of you might notice that I already used this stamp set to make a card for the January 2020 Edition of the Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas.  Since slimline cards have become so hot, I wanted to re-make the card but in a slimline version.

For a more detailed step by step with photos, click HERE to be taken to that blog post.

  • I started by making a top-folding slimline card, 4" x 9", to which I adhered a piece of Christmas decorative paper.
  • I cut another piece of white cardstock and a piece of white fun foam, 4" x 8.5" each.  Then I used one of the border dies from the Edgers Confetti Cuts from Reverse Confetti to cut a border on the bottom of each one so they matched up. 
  • I stamped the string of lights from the Light Up The Holidays stamp set from Your Next Stamp on the white cardstock and colored them using BIC Intensity Markers.
  • I stamped the sentiment "Merry Christmas" from the Santa Express stamp set, also from Your Next Stamp on to a piece of white cardstock, cut it using a banner die and layered it on a piece of red cardstock cut using the next size up banner die.
  • I adhered the white cardstock to the fun foam.  Then I adhered the sentiment to the card front, wrapping it around the fun foam.  Then I adhered this to the card front.
  • Lastly, I used Glossy Accents on each of the lights to give a glass effect.


 Card No. 3


A few weeks ago I received the Happy Hanukkah Script Die from Pretty Pink Posh in a box I got from a friend in the states.  The same week, I was in the mall and found a package of thin multi-colored washi tape and decided the two needed to meet.  

 

  • I started by making a top folding 6" x 6" card from white cardstock.  Then I adhered a piece of the decorative paper to the front using the Happy Hanukkah Collection from Photo Play Paper. 
  • I cut a piece of silver cardstock, 5.5" x 5.5" and adhered it to the center of the card.
  • Again from the Happy Hanukkah Collection, I cut another of the papers to 5.25" x 5.25", adhered this to a piece of fun foam, which I then adhered to the card front.
  • I put this into my Misti and stamped the large menorah from the Festival of Lights stamp set from Anthony's Paper Craft.  
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock about the size of the Happy Hanukkah die and adhered strips of the different washi tapes across the paper and I burnished well.  
  • Then I placed the Happy Hanukkah die face down on the washi tape and die cut it. 
  • I adhered the sentiments under the menorah using a spray glue.
  • Lastly, I colored the menorah with BIC Intensity Markers, added Yellow Stickles to the candles, and then some dark blue enamel dots to the card front.

Card No. 4


I decided to make some note cards because sometimes you just want to add a note to a present.  These are super easy notecards to make and the use the brand new digital image from Three Room Studio called Winter Wreath.  Only 1 is shown in the post but I was able to make 4. 

  • I printed out the Winter Wreath image at 55% on to a piece of A4 cardstock - I am able to get 4 images per sheet.  
  • I cut each of the images using a circle die from Spellbinders.  Then I cut a piece of red cardstock using the next size die up.  
  • I made 4 top-folding note cards at 4" x 4" to which I adhered two different papers from the Christmas Market paper pad by Carta Bella. 
  • I colored in the image using BIC Intensity Markers.
  • I had some holiday stickers from Target that I picked up last year.  I adhered the sticker to a piece of red cardstock, cut with a circle die, and then I adhered this to center using foam tape.  
  • Lastly, I adhered them to the center of each card and then added some Stickles and small crystals in the center of the small snowflakes.
Done!  Those are my 4 ideas for November.  I'd love to know which card is your favorite, if you have one.  

For a more detailed step by step, with photos - 


And for the other Crafty Elves's posts - 

Debra - Meticulosity
Lisa - Life of a BZscrapper

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  I hope everyone that celebrates it has a great Thanksgiving.  There is a lot to give thanks for this year.  I'll be back next month with more holiday cards.  So, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the snowmen in the city! TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all of these... but that snowman bus!!! Just love it especially with the cityscape background. And genius use of that scripty die with the washi! Must do that sometime soon... love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on each one of your cards! They are awesome! The snowmen in the double decker bus is my fave! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The double decker bus is fantastic!! And so cute & fun. What a great card.
    I love slimline cards. The winter wreath is a lovely image and love how colorful
    you made your card. Thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the washi and the die cut sentiment! Genius idea! Also love those snowmen in the bus! I don't think I've ever noticed those snowmen in the Unity collection! So cute! Thanks for inspiring us all year with your Holiday makes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. Love all the snowmen on the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...