Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Card No. 3 - November 2020 Crafty Elves Countdown To Christmas - Happy Hanukkah

 

Hello everyone.  This is a more detailed step by step on how to make Card No. 3 (of 4) from the November 2020 Edition of the Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas.  

Links to the other 3 cards as well as the links to the other Crafty Elves' blog post can be found at the end of this post.  

I wanted to make a super simple and fast card for Hanukkah and this idea was bouncing around in my head.  A few weeks ago I received the Happy Hanukkah Script Die from Pretty Pink Posh.  The week I got it, I also found a package of thin multi-colored washi tape here in the mall.  And I wanted the two to get married.


I started by making a 6" x 6" card base from white cardstock.  Using the Happy Hanukkah Collection from Photo Play Paper, I adhered one of the designs (Peace & Light) to the card front.  Then I cut a piece of silver cardstock, 5.5" x 5.5", and adhered that in the center.  

Then I cut another of the designs (Shine Bright), 5.25" x 5.25", adhered it to a piece of fun foam, and then to the card front.  


Using a piece of scrap cardstock about the size of the die, I adhered strips of the washi.  Each strip was a different color.  Then I die cut the Happy Hanukkah Script Die.








Next, I placed the card into my Misti and then stamped the menorah from the 
Festival of Lights set from Anthony's Paper Craft.  I know, I should have done this differently but I forgot to stamp the image before I adhered the paper down. 
 

Then I colored the menorah using BIC Intensity markers.  Each of the candles was made a nice bright color like typical menorah candles and I used a light gray on the menorah to make it look like aged silver. Then I adhered the Happy Hanukkah sentiment under the menorah. 


Lastly, I added some Yellow Stickles to each of the flames on the candles as well as some small dots on the card using the Blue Pearl Pen by Viva Decor.


For a more detailed step by step of the other 3 cards, with photos, click below - 


And for the other Crafty Elves's posts - 

Debra - Meticulosity
Lisa - Life of a BZscrapper

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  I hope everyone that celebrates it has a great Thanksgiving. There is a lot to give thanks for this year.  

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...