Thursday, July 9, 2020

Love Life - Make Lemonade



Hello everyone!  It's time for another Design Team project for the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  We are up to Challenge No. 146 and it's all about lemons/lemonade/lemon cookies.  

I don't know about you but the first thing I think about in summer is a nice tall glass of ice-cold lemonade! When I first moved here, lemons were super expensive.  Limes are the big thing here.  But, recently, lemons have dropped in price big time and I am now making lemonade on a regular basis again.  
  
If you wish to play along with us, which I hope you do, below is the inspiration photo that the Design Team had to work with when making their projects.  



I was cleaning out my Stampin Up stash this morning and came across this stamp set, A Happy Thing, that my friend Justin gave me many years ago.  Sadly, it has never seen ink but that all changed today.  

To make this card -
  • I started with a top folding A2 card to which I adhered a sheet from the Dilly Dally pad by My Mind's Eye (retired).  I chose a pattern that had just a hint of a pattern and was in a yellow hue.  
  • I die cut a piece of white cardstock using a double-stitched rectangle die.  
  • Using the "A Happy Thing" stamp set from Stampin Up (retired), I stamped the image with the lemon and leaves twice on to white cardstock.  
  • I also stamped the lemon part on to the left-over designer paper.


Next - 
  • I adhered the white cardstock to the card front.  
  • I colored the leaves of the lemon tree branches with a green marker.
  • Then I adhered the lemon branches to the card front using foam dots allowing them to overlap a bit.  
  • I stamped the sentiment "Love Life" using black ink.



Lastly - 
  • I fussy cut the lemons stamped on the designer paper and adhere them to each lemon.  
  • I adhered 3 light yellow dew drops to the front of the card. 

Done!  Of course I am kicking myself for not using this set sooner.  This card came together in less than 10 minutes.  I am going to make a few more of these using different sentiments.  

I'd love to know what you think of the card.  And, if you play along with the challenge, please let me know so I can check out your card.  Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Stay safe and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil -

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...