Friday, July 3, 2020

Day 3 - 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Red, White, & Blue Through and Through



Hello everyone.  Welcome to Day 3 of 30 Day Coloring Challenge and Happy July 4th!  I really miss this holiday in NY.  The hot weather, knowing summer is here, and all the fireworks and food on the grill.  Here it's winter and chilly.  But we will do a BBQ this weekend too.    

One of my favorite artists, Lindsay Ostrom - Creator of Cuteness, posted an adorable {free} digi on her Facebook page for July 4th.  It's actually the 99th {free} digi (out of 100) and you can find them all HERE.

I printed the digi on to white cardstock twice (one to cut apart for pop-dotting).  I die cut one of the images using a double-stitched rectangle die and then I colored in the images using red, blue, and yellow/gold BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers.


On the 2nd image, I colored some of the stars and the flags, fussy cut them and adhered them to the first image with small foam tape.


I made a top-folding A2 card base and, using a stitched banner die, I cut several pieces of red, white, and blue cardstock. 


I adhered the strips across the card base, on a diagonal, starting in the center and working my way out.  When the front of the card was completely covered, I turned it over and trimmed the overhang.



Lastly, I adhered the colored piece to a piece of red cardstock and then to the card front.  I added some yellow stickles to the stars to finish off the card. 


Done!  I love it and it doesn't get any better than using just a red and blue marker on a project.  LOL  I hope you enjoy this card too.  If you do download this digi, please remember to tag Lindsay using #lindsayostrom and #creatorofcuteness.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Don't forget to also check out my Instagram page HERE and my friend Debra's HERE since we are both trying to post every day to the 30 Day Coloring Challenge.  

Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil!

~Michael

2 comments:

  1. I love this card! Love the double stitched rectangle die too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable card, Michael. I love all the different elements with some popped up. Very patriotic. NYC won't be the same this year but I'm sure there will be celebrations. Enjoy your BBQ.

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...