Thursday, July 2, 2020

Day 2 - 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Happy Birthday with DRS Designs




Hello everyone and welcome to Day 2 of The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge.  I've been having fun making slimline cards and decided to make another one today, and it's super simple to make.  



I started with a piece of white cardstock, 3.25" x 8.25", on which I stamped Birthday Candle Burst from DRS Designs.  I tried to use my Misti but the paper is too long and I found that the old fashioned way of using a stamp positioner worked better. I started by stamping the center, then the right and left sides.   


 

Now I can use my Misti.  I put the cardstock in my Misti and stamped "Happy Birthday" using a stamp set called Simple Notes from Clear & Simple Stamps.  Sadly, they are no longer in business but I love this stamp set.


Next, I colored in the candles using BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers (my fav).



I made a top-folding card to which I adhered a piece of decorative paper.  I then adhered my colored piece to a piece of fun foam and then to the card front.


And, lastly, I added some Stickles from Ranger in a variety of colors to the candles.


Done!  I have a box of stamps from DRS Designs that I recently found while cleaning up here and I will be posting more cards using their stamps.  They are a wonderful Mom & Pop rubber stamp company that I miss seeing at the shows.  Go check them out.  I am sure you will fall in love with their images too.

I'm trying to post every day along with my friend Debra and I hope you can stop by her blog HERE or her Instagram HERE to see what she made for the challenge.  And, heck, while you are there, you can also check out my Instagram HERE!  

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Please stay safe and, until next time, hugs from Brasil! 

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...