Thursday, July 23, 2020

If You Give A Crafter A Box of Buttons...




Hello everyone!  It's time for another Design Team project for the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  We are up to Challenge No. 147 and the theme is "buttons" and I managed to make 2 cards using 1 stamp.  
  
If you wish to play along with us, which I hope you do, below is the inspiration photo that the Design Team had to work with when making their projects.  




I will be honest, when I saw the above photo the design team had to use, my mind was blank.  Other than owning a button border punch, I had no stamps with a button theme to use.  But then I started to work on a flower card and it all came together...why not use actual buttons on my card!  

I started by stamping the Create-A-Card Doodle Flower stamp (Impression Obsession) on to white cardstock. Then I colored it in using BIC Intensity Ultra Fine Tip Markers.  It took me 3 mornings, with my coffee, to color the whole image.  But, totally worth it!!  

 



I used the stitched rectangle die from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes (Simon Says Stamp) on the piece I colored.  It is big enough to make a 2nd card using the strip that was leftover after I die cut the stitched rectangle section.  I made two top-folding A2 card bases out of white cardstock - one vertical and one horizontal.  


I put a piece of fun foam behind the rectangle piece and adhered it to the vertical card front.  For the strip, I just adhered it to the front of the horizontal card front.


Then I adhered small and super small buttons that I had in my stash to the center of some of the flowers.  






To finish off each of the cards - 

For the vertical card, I die cut the word "hello", several times, using a die in my stash, glued them together and then I adhered this to the card front.  I also brushed some Wink of Stella Clear on the word to give some shimmer.  

For the horizontal card, I used my Misti and stamped "Hello There" from Critter Crowd (Simon Says Stamp). I decided not to color in the letters since there was already so much color on the card. 


If you love to color, this is a great stamp for you to have.  And, to be able to make 2 amazing cards from one rubber stamp is great.   

I'm also going to enter this card into the current Retro Rubber Challenge Blog challenge, which is also all about buttons!  




I'd love to know what you think of the cards.  And, if you play along with the challenge, please let me know so I can check out your card.  Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Stay safe and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil -

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...