Monday, January 27, 2020

Jars of Love Cards For Valentine's Day


Hello everyone. The other day while cleaning I found some wood jars I bought but never used.  I don't even know who made them.  And, my friend Debra also sent me a package of wood jars in a box she sent me - thanks, Debra!  So I thought...why not make some Valentine's Day cards with them.      


On the left are the jars from my stash. 
On the right are the jars I got from Debra.

I decided to make two cards using a jar from each package and with the same Bouquet die from Impression Obsession.  This die has a lot of pieces to it but it's so easy to work with. 

The first thing I did was to make a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock to which I adhered a piece of pink cardstock. Then I used my Stitched Rectangle die to cut another piece of white cardstock, which I adhered to a piece of fun foam, which I then adhered to the card front.

I did this twice.  I made one pink base and one kraft card base.




Next, I used Versamark ink and Fairy Dust Embossing Powder (WOW), to heat emboss the wood jars.  I absolutely love how this Fairy Dust powder looks!!  The larger jar has the word "love" cut out so I layered a piece of the pink cardstock behind it.  The other jar has a hole but I will cover that later.




Next, I die cut the Bouquet die using a bunch of different colored scraps...greens for the base and leaves and pinks, oranges, etc. for the different flowers.  



Then I started on the card front.  First, I wrapped some pink thread around the jar with the hole in it and I adhered a crystal to cover the hole.  Then I adhered the jars with wet glue and slipped the green plant stems behind them.



Then I adhered the different colored flowers to the stems.  Some I glued down and the larger ones I put a piece of foam tape behind it to make it 3Dish.




On both cards, I added Stickles to some of the flowers.  The jar with the pink twine, I added some stickers for a sentiment on the front.  Both say "Happy Valentine's Day" on the inside.




And they are finished.  I love all the open white space allowing the flowers to be front and center.  What do you guys think?  Leave me a comment below letting me know!  

As always...thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Hugs from Brasil - 


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...