Thursday, January 23, 2020

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge No. 134 - Retro!


Hello all!  It's time for a new challenge over on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog. This is Challenge No. 134 and it's all about "retro". Here is the photo that the Design Team had to use when making their card, should you wish to play along with us.  


I have to admit...even though my childhood consisted of 8-track and cassette tapes, playing Pacman and Ms. Pacman after school in the game room at the mall, trying to get all the colors to match on my Rubik's Cube, and attending the original Ghostbusters on opening night at the movie theater...I am NOT a retro card kinda guy.  But, for some strange reason, I ended up making 3 retro cards.  Go figure!

First, I had to find a retro image to use.  I went to Esty and found a digital stamp of a cassette tape, which you can find HERE. I printed a few, both at 30% and 35%, on to white cardstock.  Then I looked thru my digital papers and found some cool retro feeling papers from the "Best Day Ever Collection" by Sweet Shoppe Designs, which I printed out on to white A4 cardstock.  And I pulled out a set of "press alphabets" (Prima Marketing/retired) to use on the cassette tapes.


I made my top-folding A2 card bases to which I adhered the digi papers I printed.  


For the first card.....

I fussy cut two of the cassette tapes - one at 30% and the other at 35%, and, with the alphabet set and a stamp positioner, I stamped the words "Happy" on the 30% sized tape and "Birthday" on the 35% sized tape.  


Then I adhered them on the card front at an angle.    

And trimmed off the excess for the final card.


For the 2nd card....

I like this paper because it gives a feel of telephone cords that we all had growing up.  So I stamped "Hello" on one of the 30% sized tapes.  


Then I fussy cut the image, put some foam tape behind it, and adhered it to the card front. 


For the 3rd card...

I went with this orange and very retro-looking paper.  I stamped "You Rock" on the 35% sized tape.


And adhered it to the card front.


That's it.  My 3 "retro" cards.  For someone that is not a retro fan, I don't think these came out too bad. I do love the first card the best but all "rock" to me! Let me know what you think.  I'd love to know which one you like the most.    

Until next time....hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...