Wednesday, January 22, 2020

A Not So Ordinary Valentine's Day Card



Hello everyone!  January is almost over and I needed to make a Valentine's Day card for a card swap group that I am in.  I did not want to make a typical red or pink card and wanted to go with purple.  

I started by going thru my paper stash.  I found a REALLY OLD (circa 2011) paper pad called "what's up" from Basic Grey with some flowered designs in purple and dark orange that I thought I could use.

I made a top-folding card base of purple cardstock. Then, using my stitched rectangle die, I cut a piece of white cardstock, which I adhered on the inside and a piece of orange cardstock for the card front. 


I placed the Inlay Heart Die (Poppy Stamps) on the orange cardstock, die cut it, and then adhered the orange piece to the purple card front. 



Next, using the same Inlay Heart die, I cut a piece of the decorative paper.  Then I carefully glued the pieces into the card front leaving the heart areas the color of the purple card base.  



Next, I die cut one of the "love" dies from the "All About The Love" set (Memory Box/retired).  I cut 3 of them and adhered them together.


Then I adhered the word to the card front and applied Glossy Accents on the word to give it some gloss.  This is very easy to do and I love the effect it gives.  I also added 3 purple sequins to the front.



So....what's the verdict?  I love the card and I love that it is not a pink or red card.  I'd love to know what you guys think!  Please leave a comment below and let me know.  

Also...I made a 2nd card using the hearts from the decorative paper but you have to hop over to my Instagram to check it out...


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!!  I appreciate it.  I'm working on some new ideas so...until next time...

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...