Thursday, July 25, 2019

Make Your Own Christmas Ornaments with Anthony's Paper Craft



Hello everyone and Merry Christmas (in July)!! Today is my DT time for Anthony's Paper Craft and it's all about Christmas.  Considering the heatwave taking over most of the USA and other parts of the world, I think many of you wish it was Christmas. 

I love to find new ways to use images and today I will show you how to use Tile 4 and Tile 6 to make an ornament for your Christmas tree.   You can actually use any of Anthony's "tile" stamps.


For Tile 6 -

I started with the image stamped on a piece of white card, along with a piece of designer paper with a light design, a stitched circle die (Memory Box/30036) and the bow and ornament topper from Circle Ornaments (Divinity Designs/CDB45).




Using the stitched circle die, I cut the center of the image and a piece of the designer paper.  I also cut the bow from red cardstock and two of the ornament topper from a piece of gold cardstock.


Next, I grabbed the Christmas colors from my Ultra Fine Tip BIC markers and I colored in the whole image.  I used Rambunctious Red, Moonstone Yellow, Key Lime, and Oceanview Blue.


Next, I glued this piece to the back of the designer paper and adhered one of the ornament toppers to each side.  



I stamped the image again on to another piece of white cardstock and colored in the area that I knew I was going to adhere with pop dots and then fussy cut it out.


I adhered this to the front with pop dots/foam tape to give a 3D effect.  I also adhered the bow, some crystals, and Stickles to give a shimmer.





And on the back, I adhered a sentiment from a peel-off pack I had in my stash. 


Now just to wait until Christmas to hang on the tree!

For Tile 4 - 

I started with the image stamped on a piece of white cardstock, a piece of designer paper but with a light design, and the Circle Ornaments set again.


Using the middle circle die, I cut the center of the image and a piece of the designer paper.  Using the largest circle die, I cut two pieces from red cardstock.  I also cut the bow from red cardstock and two of the ornament topper from a piece of gold cardstock.


I colored in the image using the same BIC markers as above.  I also adhered the ornament toppers to each of the red pieces.  I also stamped the sentiment "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" from the Christmas Mantel Set on the back of the decorative paper piece.



I stamped the image again on to another piece of white cardstock and colored in the area that I knew I was going to adhere with pop dots and then fussy cut it out.



I put some pop-dots on the back and adhered this to the ornament front.  I also used some Crystal Stickles on some of the red, adhered the bow, and glued down two crystals.  I also adhered both sides of the ornament together. 




Here are the two ornaments again fully finished and hanging on a tree branch.



I think these would make an amazing gift to someone special.  It looks like a lot of work but it's really not.  Especially if you love to color.  I hope you enjoyed these two ornaments.  Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below!  Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michael
    These are lovely as always. You have always been a master layer-er! Remember the old days at Ink Pad with Outlines? Anyway, I know you are DT for Anthony's but I just wanted to give you a heads up-take a look at Stamplistic-they have a lot of layering stamps/die sets that remind me heavily of Outlines including gem spots. Made me think of you yesterday when I saw it and now here we are with something in this vein!
    xo Margot in NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love these beautiful Christmas ornaments! Reminds me that I must get started on cards and decorations. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Technique Junkies April 2024 New Stamp Release | Adulting Is Overrated

Welcome to the April 2024 New Stamp Release with Technique Junkies .  This month there are 13 new stamps - something for everyone - and the...