Thursday, July 11, 2019

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge No. 121 - The Beach


Hello everyone!!  The beach!  I love and miss the beach!  Even though I live in Brasil, we are at least 2 hours (or more) to a beach and the traffic we have to deal with can be insane!  So I spend summers at the pool instead.  We are now in winter and that means no beach or pool here in the countryside of São Paulo but I can still make a fun beach card and imagine the sand between my toes!

There is a new challenge over on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  It's Challenge No. 121 and it's all about the beach.  Here is the inspiration photo the design team was given to work with in case you want to play along with us - 



The first thing I wanted was a sunset background.  I have a lot of distress inks but I recently got all of the Gina K Design inks and wondered if they would work the same way.  I found this nice color combo from The Colours of Magic, an Instagram account I follow.  Next, I picked 5 colors from the Gina K. Designs line that matched as close to the distress inks she used.  I went with Blue Raspberry, Wild Dandelion, Prickly Pear, Tangerine Twist, and Faded Brick.   

I cut a piece of white cardstock with a stitched rectangle die and decided to use one of those "life-changing blending brushes" with each of the inks.

Working from the bottom up, I started with Blue Raspberry, then Wild Dandelion, Prickly Pear, Tangerine Twist, and Faded Brick.  After each blending, I went back to the color before to blend it in again.   






I heat set the inks and was blown away by how nicely they blended!!  My blending inks just tripled in colors!!  YAY!

I made a card base of light blue cardstock.  Then I adhered the blended piece to a piece of navy blue cardstock and then to the card front.  


Next, I stamped "Hammock Pig" (Hambo Stamps) on to white cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, colored it in with Copic markers, fussy cut it with fine tip scissors (Martha Stewart), and adhered it to the card front with pop dots.


The last thing I needed was a sentiment.  Not having one I grabbed Small Talk (Holtz/idea-ology), found the one I wanted to use and adhered it to the card front under the image.


And that's it!  I am in love with how these inks blend...did I mention that before?  LOL  I would love to know what you think too.  Feel free to leave a comment below. 

If you would like to take part in Challenge No. 121 you can click HERE to get all the details!  I hope you do.  Until next time....

Hugs from Brasil -
Michael

2 comments:

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...