Sunday, July 28, 2019

Coffee and Cards with Deb and Michael - Christmas in July Edition


Hello all!  I am joining my friend Deb (Meticulosity) today for her "Coffee and Cards" day.  She normally does this with her friend Celeste but Celeste is away so I stepped in to play.  We decided to go with the theme of Christmas in July



and, since I am in the process of making a Christmas card, I thought I would just blog about it.  

To go along with the theme, my coffee and coffee mug of choice is Starbucks Christmas Blend Vintage 2016 with my favorite Christmas Pig mug (thanks Sue M).  Don't worry, the coffee gets kept in the freezer to keep it fresh.  


To make this card, I started with a top folding A2 card base to which adhered a piece of Christmas decorative paper.  


I am using a retired set called Christmas Village Holiday from CTMH.  I place a piece of white cardstock into my Misti and I stamped the Church, the Sweet Shoppe, and the sentiment, using Amalgam Black ink (Gina K. Designs).  


Then I stamped the house on another piece of white cardstock.  I plan on fussy cutting it and popping it in front of the other two buildings.


I colored in the images using a variety of Copic, Sharpie, and BIC markers, I fussy cut the house, and I also die-cut the white cardstock again using a stitched rectangle die.


I adhered a piece of white fun foam to the back, adhered this to the card front, and then adhered the house using some foam tape.  


Lastly, I applied Crystal Stickles (Ranger) to the roof areas and a few drops on the front to give some sparkle.



I had a lot of fun making this card!!  Now I just need to make 50 more - haha - will never happen.  I'd love to know what you think so feel free to leave a comment below!  

Please make sure you stop over at Deb's blop - she has an adorable Christmas card using a cat image from Impress!!  You can find her HERE!

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 
Michael

6 comments:

  1. Michael, this is such a fabulous Christmas creation. I like the designer paper you paired with it. Popping the items up was the perfect idea and I love the stickle accents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam. I had fun making this card. Glad you like it. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  2. Cute Christmas card with the colorful houses and the sparkly snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sue. I love my colors. LOL . Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

      Delete
  3. Loving the warm and cozy look of your village, and the Crystal Stickles added to the snowy roof is a wonderful addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Glad you like the card too. And thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...