Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Zen Circles 2 Cards | Use Positive and Negative | Technique Junkies

 

Hello everyone.  Back on March 1st, I shared a shaker card I made using the Zen Circles and Feel Like Sunshine stamps from Technique Junkies, which you can see HERE if you want. 

I cannot state enough how much I love this image.  

But I had forgotten that I had already started a more in-depth step-by-step with photos, and I never showed the card I made using the negative space I cut from the image.  

So, consider this a sort of Part 2 to my March 1st post.  :-) 

Card No. 1 - Shaker Card


After stamping and coloring the entire Zen Circles image using Ultra Fine Tip BIC Intensity Markers, I used a kraft knife to carefully cut out the area in the center of the card, leaving room around it for foam tape.  

I stamped Feel Like Sunshine on the front of my A2 card base.  Then, using my colored piece as a template, I carefully drew around the inside of the center using a pencil.  This way I will know where to place my shaker elements.  


I cut a piece of acetate, 3 7/8" x 5 1/8", which I adhered to the back of my colored Zen Circles piece and then I added my foam tape on top of the acetate and around the cut-out section.  I am using a window foam, which is a little thicker than normal foam tape.  

I placed a small roll of tape on my sentiment, then added the shaker elements inside, then carefully and slowly erased the pencil mark.  I brushed the back of the acetate with an embossing buddy to remove any static and then adhered the Zen Circles piece with the acetate on top of my shaker elements.  To add a splash of shimmer and shine, I adhered some small crystals to the front of the card.  



Card No. 2 Using the Negative Piece  


This card uses the piece piece I cut out when making the shaker card, above.  

I made a top-folding A2 card base using blue cardstock.  Then I cut 2 pieces of white cardstock, 4" x 5.25".  One I adhered to the inside of the card.  Using the 2nd, I embossed it using an embossing folder I bought here in Brasil, and adhered it to the card front.



I adhered the negative piece I cut from the first card to the card front using foam tape, and then 
I adhered one of the Tim Holtz quote chips covering part of the negative piece. 

Here are both cards again.


I hope you have enjoyed these 2 card ideas using the Zen Circles and Feel Like Sunshine stamps.  If you go shopping on the Technique Junkies website (www.techniquejunkies.com) you can save 10% at checkout by using my Friends and Family Discount Code - TJ10Michael

I'd love to know what you think of the cards.  Have a fav?  Leave a comment below and let me know.  Thanks!!  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...