Friday, April 19, 2024

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

 

Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies.  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New Stamp Release (15% off through April 25th).  Giraffes always make me smile and are the first animal I gravitate to at the zoo.  And they are so easy to color.  I wanted to take this A2 size stamp and use it to make a slimline card and, I think I managed that.   

Come join me and my madness.  LOL

First, I stamped Giraffe Love twice on white cardstock.  Then I die-cut them using a 4" x 5.25" stitched rectangle die - I wanted a stitched look around the whole card. 

To make my card base I used the Slim Stitched Rectangle Die Set from Pink Fresh Studio.   The largest die measures 3 5/8" x 8 5/8" so that is what my card base needs to be.  I cut 2 pieces of white cardstock - one at 3 5/8" x 8 5/8" and the other at 3 5/8" x 9 1/8".  I scored 1/2" at the top of the longer piece and adhered them together to make my slimline card base. 

Then I used the largest die to cut a piece of orange textured paper I found in my stash, the next size down to cut a piece of orange cardstock, and a piece of white fun foam to fit under the orange cardstock.  

Then I used the next die down, the smaller of the stitched dies, to cut the top and bottom parts of my card.  I lined up the two images, secured the die with washi tape, and die-cut - giving me two pieces.


I adhered the textured paper to my card front, the white fun foam behind the orange cardstock, and then to the card front.  Then I used various Ultra Fine Tip BIC Intensity Markers to color the 2 pieces of Giraffe Love, which I then adhered to the card front.  

To finish the card, we need to cover the seam connecting the two pieces.  I used the smallest stitched die to cut a 1.25" piece of the textured paper and a 1" piece of the orange cardstock.  I also die-cut the Hey die from Heffy Doodle to cut 2 pieces of red cardstock and 1 piece of red glittered fun foam.  

I adhered the orange piece to the textured paper.  Then I adhered the 2 red cardstock pieces together, then the glittered piece on top.  

I glued the strip to the center of the card and then I glued the hey to the strip. 

The last thing I did was to add some different colored Stickles around the front of the card to give some shimmer and shine.  Here's the final card again.  


I'd love to know what you think of this idea, the new stamp, etc.  Again, the Giraffe Love stamp is on sale until the 25th of April.  And, if you go shopping, you can save 10% at check on everything else (the new release is already 15% off) by using my code at checkout - TJ10Michael.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and I hope y'all have a great weekend.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

2 comments:

  1. Michael, I love this wonderful slimline card. Your coloring is awesome! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and an awesome card. I have been toying with the idea of an A2 stamp on a slimline - you shared the "how". Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...